• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My bronco repairs/ first question for you guy's

oldpaths

Loc.
Bluff City TN.
On my new inner fender there is a tab that sticks out on the front where it connects to the core support but this tab hits the tab on the core support, I assume it either needs cut off or bent up to be able to fit.
My question is do you guys cut it off or bend it? I don't understand why they made it like this and just want to make sure that I'm not missing anything important before I whack it off.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/RchpaJBdk9VUabxm6

hunter1

Contributor
Loc.
Maryville, Tn
That tab actually bends up 90 degrees about even with the notches i believe it uses a clip nut and actually bolts to the grill. don't pay attention to the holes in this one.

Attachments

• IMG_5071.jpg
    IMG_5071.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5072.jpg
    IMG_5072.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 11

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And as you can see, the manufacturers (even within the same company) duplicate some bits by manufacturing the inner skirt with the same "appendage" as they put on the core support. Necessitating either some very clever combining, or usually (and more correctly I believe) cutting one of them off completely.
It's that top triangular bit under your third finger. Above your tab in question.

From the pic it looks like the one on the support has a round hole for the hood bumper and the one on the inner fender skirt/apron has a square one.
I guess which one you cut off will depend on what type of hole you prefer.
I think square is factory...

Paul

OP
OP
oldpaths

oldpaths

Loc.
Bluff City TN.
And as you can see, the manufacturers (even within the same company) duplicate some bits by manufacturing the inner skirt with the same "appendage" as they put on the core support. Necessitating either some very clever combining, or usually (and more correctly I believe) cutting one of them off completely.
It's that top triangular bit under your third finger. Above your tab in question.

From the pic it looks like the one on the support has a round hole for the hood bumper and the one on the inner fender skirt/apron has a square one.
I guess which one you cut off will depend on what type of hole you prefer.
I think square is factory...

Paul
Thanks buddy, I actually just found an old post from years ago where you discussed this same topic.
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threads/front-apron-core-support.287497/

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow, four years ago already. How time flies!
Would save everybody a lot of grief if they simply supplied that piece separately altogether. Not pre-welded to either part.
Would save them money as well.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
But Paul, why would they do something that makes sense?? :)

4 yrs... it's screamin' by isn't it...