• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OCBR 2022 stories and Pics

Okie69

Contributor
Good to meet you Okie69 also nice to put a face with your Bronco, I was with my white 77 that the fan kept banging the fan shroud right behind you. 😁 Going to fix that this week....or next... or the next:unsure:
Ha! That’s the trail where my horn kept going off every time I’d turn the wheel! 😂

Okie69

Contributor
Okie69, You got my respect - driving a 3 speed on the column and manual steering while taking on the rocks at OCBR!
I don’t need to go to the gym for awhile that’s for sure! I did it once but I do believe I’ll be upgrading at least a piece of that before next year!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I don’t need to go to the gym for awhile that’s for sure! I did it once but I do believe I’ll be upgrading at least a piece of that before next year!
And so it begins.....OCBR= I need to modify this....OCBR year two= I need to modify this too.....year three=now I need to modify this and this......:p

Okie69

Contributor
And so it begins.....OCBR= I need to modify this....OCBR year two= I need to modify this too.....year three=now I need to modify this and this......:p
Year ten…when did I decide to build a buggy?!

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So what you're saying is that he(me) need to paint our broncos yellow to hang out with the cool kids??? :D:p😆 I see Steven and Janice made it down too, I don't they've been there since we were there last in 2018.
That would be "Scanwoman Janice!" But, maybe ya had to be there?

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't think I've ever ran into trouble coming home from an offroad event. It's always getting there that gives my problems.

We left home at 10:20 and stopped at the walmarts before hitting interstate and opening the throttle. I wanted to get lunch as we passed thru Texarkana, but, hey we'll be in Malvern for fuel in an hour, right?? About 11:45 we blew a tire at the Hwy 67 exit just south/west of the Red River on I-30. Had to unhook the trailer to get the spare changed--was NOT fun. Took about two hours to get the blown tire off and hooked back to the trailer. Spare tire only had 26 psi--close to one psi for every thousand pounds of my load. 20 minutes of backroads back to the ONLY store in town with a tire to fit... $550 in two near rear tires later, at 3:45 we left Texarkana again! I really should fuel up, but we'll be in Malvern in a little bit where we can get fuel and be more than safe getting home. As I neared Arkadelphia, the thought of tugged at me to exit and fill up. Nah, Malvern is only about 15 miles up the road, right?? As I was going by the second exit for Arkadelphia (at Caddo Valley), the fuel light comes on. Hmmm... OK, I've got about 30 miles to go on fuel, ... but the gauge shows 1/8th of a tank...??? I'm confused, but it's too late. I'm past the exit now. about halfway between Caddo Valley and Malvern, I notice as I start to climb a long hill the truck isn't running right. It's losing power. I'd better pull over. It made it to the top of the hill where I get off the road. Yup, the engine is missing terribly. I shut it off and restarted it. No better. So we unloaded Dad's bronco off the back of the trailer and off he went in search of fuel. It took him about 45 minutes, but he came back with fuel, the truck fired up and cleared up and off we went again. We stopped for some groceries at Malvern and made it to the park about 8:15.

Next morning I took off on a trail following Spareparts and blew a homemade splice in a radiator hose. Thanks to Stout for the gallon of water he was carrying, and several bottles out of my ice chest, I was able to get it off the trail and over to the store where I bought a better "splice" and got it fixed betterer.

And that was the end of my woes. Got some great video clips and had some good times. VDAW7213.JPG FSXZ6263.JPG

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
Well 678 miles later we are home, had a BLAST!!

Everyones smiling which is great. :) Sometimes in pics folks are so sober looking you wonder if they’re even having a good time. Lol Pretty country….Tulsa and Branson are as close as I’ve gotten.

Last edited:

Tulsa76bronco

Loved the story Boss, I am thankful nothing like that has happened to us on way to the park

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loved the story Boss, I am thankful nothing like that has happened to us on way to the park
buy good, high ply rating tires, and keep new tires on your truck, and you should be good to go! I KNEW I should've filled up.... We even stopped at Malvern on the way home and filled that fuel can up again. Then got home with half a tank left...or so the gauge read?

I'm really hoping to put together some video that shows that there is plenty for a pretty bronco to do at OCBR. I have so many bronco owners close to me that don't show up because they don't want to hurt their trucks. I guess I need to find someone that can ride with Moneypenny and video him because he's not about to scratch his, right??

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I'm really hoping to put together some video that shows that there is plenty for a pretty bronco to do at OCBR. I have so many bronco owners close to me that don't show up because they don't want to hurt their trucks. I guess I need to find someone that can ride with Moneypenny and video him because he's not about to scratch his, right??
Same with Moab and Colorado. Some of my best offroad trips there have been in my tow rig, I wheeled my old Dodge a bunch, even wheeled my dually in Moab a few times.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Looks like a good time as usual, we'll make it back one of these years lol. How was the weather? Let me guess, it rained on Saturday evening per tradition??

rained mid afternoon up to event, but stopped till after :) haha HURRY up and come back

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Well 678 miles later we are home, had a BLAST!!😎😎 made some new friends and got to visit a bunch of old ones. Drove the bronco there, followed Gordon Bailie for 2 days and drove it home. Only casualties were a fuel pump and fuel filter/regulator, glad I carry spares. I pretty much failed at picture taking but did get a few memorable ones. What are your pics and stories?

PS: I was trying to keep up with Tasker’s example in the highway🤣🤣

BTW did you jump forward in time on us or what? 2023? lol

Okie69

Contributor
Haha I was thinking about asking him how the 25th anniversary OCBR went!