• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early 1966 Rear Shock Mounts

Pharless

My Bronco was built in October ‘65 and has the front facing rear shocks. The shocks have studs that go through the upper mount.

The driver side shock mount broke when I hit a big bump in the road today. Does anyone know where I can find one of these mounts? All I can find online is the rear facing mounts that use a different type of shock.

I greatly appreciate any help.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’d like to see the broken one too.
I don’t remember ever having seen them reproduced, but I may just not have been paying attention.
Nick at Northeast classic Ford parts and Randy at Driven auto parts might have what you need as well. Used, or maybe even new.

And if not it’s probably a simple enough thing to have someone make one that would at least function. Fabricating it based on the other side

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
You'll have to find a junked frame, find someone who cut them off and wanted to go rear facing or try Northeast Classic Ford Parts. Best bet is to have that one repaired though imo.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Find a set someone cut off a frame if you can. They sell like hotcakes to the '66 guys. I've listed a couple of sets here over the years and they sell within a day or two.

As others have said, repair the one you have if at all possible. They are not easy to find used and aren't reproduced.