• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

In Search Quick 4 Controller Help

Faster Eddie

Loc.
Seattle
Anyone have experience dialing in a US SHIFT Quick 4 Controller on an AODE or 4R70W?

Won't kick down from 4th without big time detonation.

Any help is appreciated!

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
They have great customer service, I would call them. It has been so long, I thought there were speed or rpm and throttle parameters to set range for shifting and downshifting.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Do you have a cable and there software so you can look at and adjust the controller?
They are not just plug and play. You have to dial in the shifts to match what it is driving.

If you are getting big time detonation, you probably have some seriously flawed engine tune going on first.

What is the history of this build? Has it been working and now has issues? New build? Bought someone else's project and trying to pick up the pieces?

OP
OP
Faster Eddie

Faster Eddie

Loc.
Seattle
Do you have a cable and there software so you can look at and adjust the controller?
They are not just plug and play. You have to dial in the shifts to match what it is driving.

If you are getting big time detonation, you probably have some seriously flawed engine tune going on first.

What is the history of this build? Has it been working and now has issues? New build? Bought someone else's project and trying to pick up the pieces?
Yup dove into the trans software and did some good tuning on it today.

Sniper efi on Blueprint 347 with 6000 miles. 4:56 with 35's

I think you're right on engine funk.

1800rpm in 4th going 60th, then hammer down to WOT And it bogs. No issues anywhere but that interval.

Took a couple degrees of timing out and it didn't help. Think I've found a lean spike in that spot.

Busting out the sniper software tomorrow...

OP
OP
Faster Eddie

Faster Eddie

Loc.
Seattle
Yup dove into the trans software and did some good tuning on it today.

Sniper efi on Blueprint 347 with 6000 miles. 4:56 with 35's

I think you're right on engine funk.

1800rpm in 4th going 60th, then hammer down to WOT And it bogs. No issues anywhere but that interval.

Took a couple degrees of timing out and it didn't help. Think I've found a lean spike in that spot.

Busting out the sniper software tomorrow...
Got her dialed in!

Engine/Sniper tune was fine.

Needed to figure out how to bring the 4-3 downshift on sooner and quicker.

Bumped up the speed/rpm at which 4th kicked in, and put the downshift point juuuuust below it instead of 10pm lower.

Then increased the line pressure for that 4-3 downshift.