• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dumb ? - Does a Bimini/Bikini Top Block Much Wind?

Ro_Ja Boy

My current Bronco I went topless. I look back and the kids are telling me they love the Bronco (despite being blasted by wind).

Just wondering if a bikini/Bimini top is going to cut out much wind or if it’s strictly for the sun.

Thanks in advance.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Yes and rain too. I have driven around in the PNW all spring, summer and fall with either no top or just a bikini. If it is raining, rolling up the windows and the bikini keep it pretty dang dry inside. ...but that is just the front seats. I usually don't run with a back seat. River Rock Trip.jpg

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
It will do a great job with the front with the windows up.....the kids still get blasted in the back especially on the highway. My daughter has a couple different "Bronco Hair Don't Care" shirts lol.

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
assuming then that a breezer top doesn't shield from wind but maybe breaks it a little?

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I think about that every time I look at my golf cart.:unsure:
Makes a nice roof rack too.

In my experience the breezer top blocks more than you would think. But does very little for rain lol
assuming then that a breezer top doesn't shield from wind but maybe breaks it a little?

Attachments

• E624B4A7-1D40-4445-B41F-B58B6A404FC7.jpeg
    E624B4A7-1D40-4445-B41F-B58B6A404FC7.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 19