• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New bronco wave?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Are we doing this? Is there a bronco wave? There are quite a few new broncos running around town. Their all waving at me in the old bronco. Is anything official , I mean what are we doing. I dont wave at the jeep people and many of the new bronco people are really just jeep people. I know there are old bronco people driving the new ones, I get that. But they are not hand out the window waving like there is a kitten in the road, kind of people. Perhaps a nod or some kind of acknowledgment is what I would expect. Is there a standard or do I just ignore and drive on?

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
I'm generally friendly. No matter what I'm driving or what they're driving, if someone waves, I wave back. No special wave. In the community where we bought our retirement place everyone waves at each other. Very different than L.A.

If you want something Bronco related, how about a sign language B?
db8e2f51fc24d10b7c296e8c46112b9a.png

Or go with EB? Start with a sign language E, then open up to a B?
d5c10351fd57e714fbf1ab06c8c09f75--asl-sign-language-teaching-letters.jpg

I think I'm OK just waving when it seems appropriate, using a regular wave like regular people do.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Don't get me started on this BS...

Bax, I recently saw a post online where there was a tremendous excitement because this person had "modded" their new bronco. What was the new mod you might ask? Well, it was adding a bronco script sticker to the sun visor to cover up the factory warning or some such language. These are not really bronco people as we know them...

Then there is the controversy of getting ducked or bucked with little rubber ducks and horsies....

I'm with El Kabong, someone waves I wave back if I feel like it..

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I'm generally friendly. No matter what I'm driving or what they're driving, if someone waves, I wave back. No special wave. In the community where we bought our retirement place everyone waves at each other. Very different than L.A.

If you want something Bronco related, how about a sign language B?
db8e2f51fc24d10b7c296e8c46112b9a.png

Or go with EB? Start with a sign language E, then open up to a B?
d5c10351fd57e714fbf1ab06c8c09f75--asl-sign-language-teaching-letters.jpg

I think I'm OK just waving when it seems appropriate, using a regular wave like regular people do.

That looks awfully close to the distress signal used if you are kidnapped. Might get you the wrong kind of attention…
93647cb3cb3ec767450708d0130c3980.jpg

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
I think it’s funny when I’m driving down the road and I see a Heep heading my way and they wave but then realize “ wait that does not look like my Heep and they retract their wave as quick as they start it. You can see it on their face too. Cracks me up every time. I bet half of them don’t even know what an EB is.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
In my Raptor we do the 3-finger claw wave.

The 2-finger claw means you've been humiliated at a stoplight by a TRX.

The 1 finger claw is reserved for the new Bronco Raptor.

The wave "rules" are complicated and must be followed.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Out here in the country it seems like most people wave at each other usually in pickup trucks. Even when I was working out in the country in Texas

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, I'll give a quick nod or a wave to other people out in their classic when I am in one of my classics. I won't even look at people in late models. I force myself to be polite to people in parking lots with the inevitable what year is it question. Good luck

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Around here, in town hardly anyone waves but out in the country most people do and I reciprocate.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm originally from rural Idaho. You wave, they wave back, or they wave, you wave back. Probably never see them again.

Now in western Oregon, when I recognize an Idaho plate (except 2A), you wave, they wave back. Probably never see them again.

My kids continue to ask, "Who was that?". I answer, "Don't know". They still think it's funny.
Again, more prominent in pickups or 4WD's before SUV was even a thing.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
In all seriousness, We also live in a small rural area. In my truck I get/give waves a lot. In my wife's RAV4, none. I generally will wave back to all friendly waves when in my truck or Bronco. I will sometimes initiate waves to locals, other Broncos or Raptors and even to built Jeeps when I'm in my trail Bronco. It's more of a friendly respect thing than it is a brand loyalty expression.

The "You got Bucked" thing is ridiculous.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I have two new broncos and of course have an early EB. I wave at all the early broncos I see especially if I am in my EB. I will also wave back at any classics. In my new broncos I will wave at any EBs and will wave or nod to most new broncos. Most of the new broncos owners dont wave back and I dont care just acknowledging their taste in vehicles! LOL. Now the ducking or bucking things is about as stupid as it gets and I will not participate in that crap.

To any of the new bronco haters, I challenge you to take new one for a ride. They are great, so much fun to drive modern comforts with the styling and feel of the EB. If you get one with a 2.7 they are really quick and the aftermarket is providing tons of options. Mid trim and up are awesome off road. This is coming from a near 20 year EB bronco owner and have had nearly a dozen EBS from 67 to 77 and a full size 96.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
The "You got Bucked" thing is ridiculous.
Being bored, I looked this up. Wow! Little rainbow unicorns or rubber ducks with manes & tails. 🤯 Please no.

I think I'll just keep driving, waving, nodding, & talking with people when it's appropriate. No secret handshake required.

I've had a nice visit with a couple of 2022 owners at the gas station recently. I wandered over while my tank was filling. I wasn't driving a Bronco either time. I started out the conversation with 'How do you like your Bronco?" Both loved them.

The first was a former jeeper. His was built for offroading & had dirt on it. He talked about what he wanted to do to it next. We laughed about how they're never done. He was happy with his brand change.

The second was a lady who had just been looking for an SUV. She had tried everything from Toyotas to Landrovers. The Bronco won out. Clearly not an offroader, but she tried hard to sell me on how great they are. I refrained from telling her to take it out in the dirt to see how much fun it could really be.

Eventually I told them that I owned some older Broncos. They both lit up & expressed their admiration of old Broncos. They seemed like nice normal people.

Last edited:

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I have two new broncos and of course have an early EB. I wave at all the early broncos I see especially if I am in my EB. I will also wave back at any classics. In my new broncos I will wave at any EBs and will wave or nod to most new broncos. Most of the new broncos owners dont wave back and I dont care just acknowledging their taste in vehicles! LOL. Now the ducking or bucking things is about as stupid as it gets and I will not participate in that crap.

To any of the new bronco haters, I challenge you to take new one for a ride. They are great, so much fun to drive modern comforts with the styling and feel of the EB. If you get one with a 2.7 they are really quick and the aftermarket is providing tons of options. Mid trim and up are awesome off road. This is coming from a near 20 year EB bronco owner and have had nearly a dozen EBS from 67 to 77 and a full size 96.
No new bronco hating for me. Love to own one after they chill a bit.