• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Uncle Bob stories...

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Remember "Uncle Bob" from Broncofix and EBML?

He sent me these back when I had twin sticks, ZF, PTO, lot's of shifters coming thru the floor!

He said they were made up for some racing buddy back in the day! :)

I remember and thoroughly enjoyed all his "Old Timer stories".

Attachments

• 20230104_115920.jpg
    20230104_115920.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 74

dsenatore

Contributor
Loc.
East Walpole
Legend! Great stories from his racing days and always a voice of reason among some of the crossfire! Always made sense to me that he referred to himself as"Uncle Bob". Thanks for bringing him up, I think back on him every once in a while.
Cheers to him!

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
I never met him-we live a thousand miles apart but we chatted on the phone a few times! Nice guy. Always willing to share a few anecdotes about life and racing. :)

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I still hear from him from time to time - truly a great person!

I have most of his anecdotes that he used to share to the mailing lists printed out and in one of my "Bronco binders".

Todd Z.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
I figured (hoping) you'd see this.

Waaay cool you have those saved TZ.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Remember "Uncle Bob" from Broncofix and EBML?

He sent me these back when I had twin sticks, ZF, PTO, lot's of shifters coming thru the floor!

He said they were made up for some racing buddy back in the day! :)

I remember and thoroughly enjoyed all his "Old Timer stories".

Nice brother...

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Great stories by Uncle Bob!
Not a bronco member, but does anyone recall the stories in the back of one of the offroad mags by Granville King? Used to love those too!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Great stories by Uncle Bob!
Not a bronco member, but does anyone recall the stories in the back of one of the offroad mags by Granville King? Used to love those too!
Yes - he wrote a lot for Pickup Van and 4WD in the 70s and then in Four Wheeler in the '80s until he died. Four Wheeler has been re-running his columns in recent years.

Todd Z.