• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Power Windows with Nu-cranks

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am considering this mod on my Bronco and was hoping that somebody here has already installed this kit. Does anyone have photos or some advice about this installation?

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
The only thing I have heard which has steered me away from them. Is one, you cannot roll down the passenger side window from the drivers side and two: People get in and try to use them to rolldown the window and they break.

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
I have not heard about these breaking but I guess they could. We sell a lot of them. I think you would have to be really trying hard. The levers make a noticeable click when you move the handle up or down. The inability to control the pass side from drivers side is just reality with this style. If that really matters you could go normal switches instead.
https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Power_Window_Kit/Bronco_Door_Parts_66-67

Jim

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I havent looked at the wiring diagram but wouldn't controlling the passenger side window be simple as adding a switch and or relay. Kinda like controlling newer door mirrors. Flip the switch and left hand crank can control passenger side. Flip it back and it controls driver side. I also also had concerns about durability of the window canker style switches. I have kids jumping in and out but then again crank windows confuse most of em.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
The only thing I have heard which has steered me away from them. Is one, you cannot roll down the passenger side window from the drivers side and two: People get in and try to use them to rolldown the window and they break.

I installed these about a year ago. Easy install, especially after doing the first side.

I went with the electric crank option. It works but not as well as the modified version ICON uses on their builds.

I don't think WH sells this add-on, but if you go with the cranks, there is an option to add a 3rd button to operate the passenger window from the drivers side. It's on the Nu-Relics website. Very handy.

The passenger trying to roll down the elective crank is real. My wife did it a few days after I installed it. It didn't break it but it's never been the same.

If I were to do it again, I would go with the traditional electric buttons and locate them out of sight on the center console.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I have not heard about these breaking but I guess they could. We sell a lot of them. I think you would have to be really trying hard. The levers make a noticeable click when you move the handle up or down. The inability to control the pass side from drivers side is just reality with this style. If that really matters you could go normal switches instead.
https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Power_Window_Kit/Bronco_Door_Parts_66-67

Jim
Can't say I have seen it in person and I don't know that its a chronic issue. Just a commented issue by various rando's on the bronco forums.
If I was to do it, I would use the switches and mount them in my console between the seats.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I installed these about a year ago. Easy install, especially after doing the first side.

I went with the electric crank option. It works but not as well as the modified version ICON uses on their builds.

I don't think WH sells this add-on, but if you go with the cranks, there is an option to add a 3rd button to operate the passenger window from the drivers side. It's on the Nu-Relics website. Very handy.

The passenger trying to roll down the elective crank is real. My wife did it a few days after I installed it. It didn't break it but it's never been the same.

If I were to do it again, I would go with the traditional electric buttons and locate them out of sight on the center console.
You know, you may have been one of the people I was thinking of that had problems. Thanks for posting again.

Good to know there is a seperate switch for the passenger side as an option.

OP
OP
LSUpete

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru

I'm not using the cranks because I think they're cute/cool, I'm going to use the window cranks because I don't like the look of the switch option retrofitted onto the door panel. The abandoned hole at the original crank location just doesn't suit me.

I haven't seen the "modified ICON version". Do you have any photos/info on those?

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I'm not using the cranks because I think they're cute/cool, I'm going to use the window cranks because I don't like the look of the switch option retrofitted onto the door panel. The abandoned hole at the original crank location just doesn't suit me.

I haven't seen the "modified ICON version". Do you have any photos/info on those?

The switch option can be located in the center console and would not be visible. Up to you.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
The cool factor of having power windows is the ability to power down the passenger window from the driver's seat to video yourself on a big mirrored glass shop window as you drive by....

Reactions: RT
OP
OP
LSUpete

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The switch option can be located in the center console and would not be visible. Up to you.

Yes, but that doesn't resolve the issue with an abandoned hole in your door panel.

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
check out NewRelics power windows, that's what I have, love-em!

Jamoaus

I did nu relics on my mustang and you can wire a master switch so you can control the passenger side as well as have the cranks. Im gonna do the same to my 72 bronco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk