• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Victor jr small block Coyote fit?

Gupster88

Contributor
Guppy
Loc.
Tillamook OR
First Question. Will a Victor Jr. Coyote small block Fit in an early bronco with a 2” body lift with a stock hood and have typical modifications to frame and body as a standard Gen3?
‘Second question. What transmission is most compatible for this set up?
Doing some research and know nothing about any of this stuff. Any info or help would be appreciated. Thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Assuming that's what Edelbrock calls their crate Coyote? Is that the supercharged one?
I don't know how long they've been out, but I don't remember reading where anyone has installed one yet. Maybe someone has but has not posted a build thread yet.
Does Edelbrock say how high the package is?

Personally, I'm guessing not under a Bronco hood. But it does appear to be a relatively low profile setup, as those things go.
Just that you usually need a lot more "low" in the profile to fit under a Bronco hood!

Good luck.

Paul

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Please post a link to the exact manifold you are asking about. Coyote name is well known now for the latest version of a 5.0 engine that is current production in trucks and mustangs, but small block is a completely different engine. I don't want any confusion about the exact part you are asking about and what I might think you are talking about.

Most anything with the Victor in the name is performance, damn the hood line. But that is just a generality.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, if it’s an engine package I think Edelbrock made a big mistake by calling it by the same name as an intake manifold they’ve been making for 50 years or more.

OP
OP
Gupster88

Gupster88

Contributor
Guppy
Loc.
Tillamook OR
Here’s what I was looking at. Gives measurement from crank to top of supercharger. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 6F403470-A6DE-46C6-99BB-15F3F1ED3404.png
    6F403470-A6DE-46C6-99BB-15F3F1ED3404.png
    235.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 43477DFA-3C2B-4BD9-B5C9-3107A5A64F70.png
    43477DFA-3C2B-4BD9-B5C9-3107A5A64F70.png
    399.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 6C98705C-3555-4888-8699-452F3466AEC7.png
    6C98705C-3555-4888-8699-452F3466AEC7.png
    401.7 KB · Views: 46

Broncobowsher

Total hack
OK, that is a Coyote engine, not a small block. Need to remove the "small block" from the question as that is confusing and will lead to the wrong information.

This question needs to be aimed specifically at the Coyote swap experts. I am not one of those

OP
OP
Gupster88

Gupster88

Contributor
Guppy
Loc.
Tillamook OR
Thanks for the response. The site had small block in the description as seen above. Thought it was pertinent to my question.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Life was a lot simpler back when only Chevy guys use the “small block“ and “big block“ names.
And when it was easy to tell the difference! 😉
Everybody else started picking up on it but it’s funny to hear it used along with a Coyote when it looks physically bigger than a Chevy (or even a Ford!) big block!
But I suppose, if you go by bore spacing, it’s closer to a small block. I am just in the habit of never using that term with our stuff. V8 Series, Cleveland, Windsor, 335, 385, FE all still work. And less mistaking one for another.
Makes my life easier, at least…😎

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Speaking of which… What the heck is a Coyote in Ford-speak? Just “Coyote”?
Is it still a Mod Motor? Is there an official Ford designation we don’t hear much?
I suppose if there’s only one displacement, then Coyote works fine. But weren’t there at least two displacements? A 5.0 and maybe a 5.3 or something? Voodoo?

I know, lots of questions. But Enquiring minds need to know. 😁

Jamie Chriss

I have the Gen II with the Mustang cover, the right front cover edge slightly hit's the hood. I think KE sells an adjustable motor mount that might help a bit. There are many things to consider. You can only lower it so much before you have to start cutting the frame.