• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Yeller's Broncno Build: New Adventures!

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Initial impressions from my 20 mile ish wanderings to the car wash and grocery store are FANTASTIC. Smooth, quiet, round, vibration free. Ride feels softer than the BFG’s at 25psi, especially hitting bumps, fairly aggressively hit some curbs and pot holes, may not have to air down much just for ride quality. Vibration or lack there of was nice since I did not do any balancing of any kind and have no plans to.

As for noise, it’s always subjective. For a 37” mud terrain tire they are very quiet, quieter than the notoriously quiet BFG KM2’s they are replacing.

Attachments

• 4E6B1C4E-D58A-46A0-920C-11416AACEFB6.jpeg
    4E6B1C4E-D58A-46A0-920C-11416AACEFB6.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 44

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Great to hear. Hard to find a good compromise tire that will do it ALL. :)

I have had my tire choice narrowed down to 2 for quite a while to replace my 40" GY MTR's

- Maxxis like yours but 40"

-Mickey Thompson Baja MT in a 42".

Taller tire is great in snow & sand but I don't really want the COG any higher. Compromises...

Thanks for the feedback Steve!

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
Lookin good Steve! Saw “lSimple Tire” online, lower than some and actually had a dealer listed 7 mi away. Never dealt with them however so don’t know how that works out. It was interesting that the D rated tires were higher $ than the E rated. And wow, the 40”s were over 100$ higher for 3” of height. Thanks for the review and comments!!! Being these are made in Taiwan I”d be more inclined to purchase than China.

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Scott, my decision was almost fully based on Maxxis being the largest sponsor of grass roots rock sports. I’ve known for years that they built great tires and have been competing on their tires since their entry into the sport. This is my first set of their MT radials. I should have made the jump long ago.

GloNDark

Finally made it home the tires are impressive. They are a little taller, and a little wider, not a lot but some. The sidewalls are more pliable than the KM2’s. The tread blocks look impressive. They should be durable, 3 ply sidewalls, 3 polyester, 2 steel and 2 nylon plies on the tread. Proof will be in a test drive and putting them on the rocks and dirt.

Some other interesting things, had to get help to mount them, their own weight wa not enough to make the outer bead lay on top of the wheel to get it seated on the centering flange, had to get help to put enough weight on it to get the bead in the centering flange to bolt the ring on. It also took 38# to get the inner bead to seat, they still had to set about 10 minutes to finally pop, I was just at the limit I was willing to go without a clip on air chuck, it starts getting spooky past 30psi.

How tall do the measure now that you have them mounted? Looks awesome on your rig man. Really looks tough

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Initial impressions from my 20 mile ish wanderings to the car wash and grocery store are FANTASTIC. Smooth, quiet, round, vibration free. Ride feels softer than the BFG’s at 25psi, especially hitting bumps, fairly aggressively hit some curbs and pot holes, may not have to air down much just for ride quality. Vibration or lack there of was nice since I did not do any balancing of any kind and have no plans to.

As for noise, it’s always subjective. For a 37” mud terrain tire they are very quiet, quieter than the notoriously quiet BFG KM2’s they are replacing.

looking good super star

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yep 37x12.50-17. Maxxis Razr’s, decided that if I’m spending my hard earned dollars I better spend it on a company that supports rock crawling

interesting, will look forward to the trips like the recent one how they work out for ya.. Still haven't taken mine out on a road trip w/the Treps yet

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I measured the static diameter from the floor with weight on them and 25psi, 35-3/4”. They are really close to 37” of free height.

Thanks @sprdv1 !
yes sir, hopefully will catch up w/ya sooner vs later this year.. get my S in gear

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Safari at the end of April, great time but way different run event than OCBR, not bad just different. Ya got 4 months, getter done!

Them Austin Peeps trying to talk me into United by bronco.. just don't know, little far, expensive trip

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru

I'd bet lunch you have launched the train tracks north of there a few times.

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
I know where you can find a foot or more of snow to try those new Maxxis!!! ;)

Attachments

• C2081D2D-2389-4981-9EAE-E00D2E6C37B1.jpeg
    C2081D2D-2389-4981-9EAE-E00D2E6C37B1.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Sand Hollow, UT or some other Sand Hollow?
yes Utah, Hurricane Utah

I'd bet lunch you have launched the train tracks north of there a few times.
Huh??? What you talking about???? Me launch some train tracks?? Never more than often 😂 😂 😂

Then ones going north on 129th I used to catch about 6' of air in the old Dodge flat bed dually, it had the perfect smooth landing if you hit it at 60, slower or faster was not so smooth LOL.

I know where you can find a foot or more of snow to try those new Maxxis!!! ;)
Burrr no Thanks Scott looks nice though LOL

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
I never launched anything. Ever. Not even over the old Gonzales Ave hump on Victoria. Nope, I'm innocent. Yeller, I'm sympathetic to your being accused of auto shenanigans
Well, OK, there might have been this one time in the potato chips at Trukhaven on New Years about a hunnert years ago or so......
i-KnpzdPH-M.jpg

(photo credit: MISF)
Hum, heard of "United by Bronco" but didn't really know anything about it. https://www.unitedbybronco.com/ Might be fun to go watch the silliness.