• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2023 Model Bad News from Ford....

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
SO stuck w/buying one someone else already bought prior to OR waiting till 2024

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
the video is not working for me. more details please
For whatever reason, no hardtop, lux package and Wildtrak model will be available for 2023. So if you have ordered a Bronco that has any of those things listed you are SOL. I know the hardtop has been an issue since day 1, I thought they even changed compaines at one point but it still seems to be an issue. I don't know why Ford doesn't nix the hardtop and just sell them with softtops. The aftermarket groups will build a better HT for those that want one.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Ford should nix the entire bronco program. They suck at it.

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
They did, but it hasn't scared people off from trying to buy them. I am almost to the point of thinking Ford might just say the hell with it and cancel the Bronco altogether.

i had that thought too! it would be interesting to be sitting at the table as their execs discuss these issues and their plans. not all car companies are having these issues

cannunz546

Contributor
Bronco Owner and Admirer
Loc.
Northwest Suburbs, Chicago
They did, but it hasn't scared people off from trying to buy them. I am almost to the point of thinking Ford might just say the hell with it and cancel the Bronco altogether.
I went bird hunting this weekend and there were 3 Brand Spanking New Broncos at my club. And a new Rivian Pick Up. I talked to the new Bronco owners and everyone of them was pissed as hell about one issue or another with Ford. But they all really like the Bronco.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
I went bird hunting this weekend and there were 3 Brand Spanking New Broncos at my club. And a new Rivian Pick Up. I talked to the new Bronco owners and everyone of them was pissed as hell about one issue or another with Ford. But they all really like the Bronco.
I love my Bronco, and I can't really say anything bad about the whole process. I was a day 1 reservation holder, but never placed an order for a 21 because I we (my wife) couldn't decide on a color. When we finally did decide I place my order in October 21, got a build date of early December, then middle December then bumped to 1st of January. It was built Jan 6th and arrived on January 19th 2022. I have only one complaint about it, it's the plastic every where, it scratches very easily and looks terrible.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
I once was a reservation holder. But as time went on the issues kept building. So I made the choice to cancel my reservation and focus on my 76. No regrets and one less thing to stress over. I feel for you all still patiently waiting. The bumps in the road just keep coming. I'm still interested in purchasing a new Bronco, but not a priority.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
It is crazy to hear this is happening, but I am not surprised.
I will just inject that I am in manufacturing and there are still major supply issues around the globe. I am dealing with it on large refrigeration equipment. and there is no end in sight. Lead times for equipment that was typically 10-12 weeks is now 40 plus weeks. Alot of manufacturers are cutting products to shave overhead and speed up delivery on higher profit and high demand products. And there is still a major labor shortage in manufacturing.

Ford has screwed up just about every aspect of the new bronco release and buying process except the Bronco itself. I placed an order in July of 2021 and took delivery of my Badlands in September of 2022. I removed options along the way to speed up delivery, (removed the tow package, and SAS). I know people that ordered after me and got theirs quicker, I know others that still are waiting for broncos and ordered on the first day. The supply issues, manufacturing issues, and early quality issues cast a cloud over the bronco but as you all have seen the demand remains high and the satisfaction of the owners is even higher.

I have two 6g broncos and we love both of them. Worth the wait and frustrations. Place your order take the SAS package off and buy a lift, tires and wheels from the aftermarket. The hard top... my wife's 4door soft top is just about a quite as my 2 door with the hard top, the hard top has the dreaded wind whistle but no leaks or cracking issues like the early versions. I am considering buying an aftermarket soft top for it instead. The LUX package is overrated the standard (Mid) package is more than adequate.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
It is crazy to hear this is happening, but I am not surprised.
I will just inject that I am in manufacturing and there are still major supply issues around the globe. I am dealing with it on large refrigeration equipment. and there is no end in sight. Lead times for equipment that was typically 10-12 weeks is now 40 plus weeks. Alot of manufacturers are cutting products to shave overhead and speed up delivery on higher profit and high demand products. And there is still a major labor shortage in manufacturing.
I feel your pain on this subject. Labor, I'll just say when people tell me there are no jobs, it is all I can do to not punch them in the throat. As for major supply issues, most definitely. I have machine parts that have been on order since October 2021 and just got a revised date of September 2023. We have equipment that we have had to completely rework to function with different controls because we can't get parts, we can't by an HMI (Human Machine Interface) aka: touch screen, but by golley you can buy all the phones and tablets you want, it is all about the volume consumer goods, the tools you need to make those goods are non existent.