• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BAT Craziness

Bruners4

Loc.
1/2 way to everywhere
1996 ford bronco 5K miles a no sale at $57k
I was watching this one as it is almost just like mine! Except I have an additional 265K miles. My window sticker MSRP is higher than this one but I can't see where the difference is. It wasn't mentioned or asked if it had the turn signal mirrors. '96 was the only year for them. It would have been the 'Cherry on top' if it had them.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Too me the bracket is custom-made to fit that vehicle and the reservoir is some type of aftermarket be interesting who makes it somebody will chime in . The one in the picture is my 76 custom-made guy in California not too sure if he’s around anymore I haven’t heard anything he did a great job

Attachments

• BC7770E8-B0DE-4299-BC10-E88D88D4A2C7.jpeg
    BC7770E8-B0DE-4299-BC10-E88D88D4A2C7.jpeg
    224.1 KB · Views: 43

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Too me the bracket is custom-made to fit that vehicle and the reservoir is some type of aftermarket be interesting who makes it somebody will chime in . The one in the picture is my 76 custom-made guy in California not too sure if he’s around anymore I haven’t heard anything he did a great job
He hasn't returned my emails in a while, He got Covid and I guess it turned into Long Covid.
He didn't have enough gas in the tank to do these after working an 8 hr day at his regular job...

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
He hasn't returned my emails in a while, He got Covid and I guess it turned into Long Covid.
He didn't have enough gas in the tank to do these after working an 8 hr day at his regular job...
Ok I hope everything is ok with him

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
does anybody know where I can find the PSC reservoir bracket as shown in pic 120? Also, part number for a PSC reservoir (size?).

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-ford-bronco-93/

View attachment 894747
Probably one of these on this page:

https://www.pscmotorsports.com/parts/remote-fluid-reservoirs/off-road/universal

Hard to tell but if I had to guess, I'd say it's one of the taller ones offered. The blue piece is a homemade custom piece, I'm sure.

Todd Z.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Ok I hope everything is ok with him
The last email he replied to he seemed okay, but Covid had taken a toll. It has been about a year since our last conversation...
He did provide a quality product at a reasonable price, it is a shame. I hope he is able to recover so that he can enjoy life and Family again.

Mark1911

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Lee Power Steering has a new updated design, reservoir and mounting bracket for use with the Explorer front dress. everything fit like a glove. I ordered the set up for Hydroboost and love it.

Mark
That was going to be a recommendation as well, but I didn't know if they offered their reservoir separate from their complete pump/reservoir setup. Did you order just the reservoir?

I had Lee do a custom reservoir for me back in '05 and it's still working well on my truck.

Todd Z.

Mark1911

That was going to be a recommendation as well, but I didn't know if they offered their reservoir separate from their complete pump/reservoir setup. Did you order just the reservoir?

I had Lee do a custom reservoir for me back in '05 and it's still working well on my truck.

Todd Z.
Hey Todd. Yes, they do offer the mounting bracket and reservoir separately from their complete set up.
The bracket also lowers the reservoir down to clear the hood brace and locates it back towards the firewall. Clears the A/C compressor nicely and hose connections were in the perfect place.
Lee does not show it on their web site as of yet, not sure why, I spoke to Mike at Lee about it, and he knows what you will need.
Phone: 661-568-9170

Mark.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Mark! A great option then, although some may not like Lee’s pricing.

Todd Z.

BruiserOutdoors

I want to stop derailing this thread, but wanted to post these photos first.

I got these photos from Lee Power Steering, thru email. $370 non-hydro boost , $405 for hydroboost setup. Spendy for sure, but not terribly much more than a PSC setup. I personally like the looks of a PSC setup better.

NOW BACK TO BaT TALK!!

Attachments

• bronco_res_new.jpg
    bronco_res_new.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 35
  • bronco_res_kit.jpg
    bronco_res_kit.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 36
  • bronco res kit.jpg
    bronco res kit.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok then, back to BAT! It looks like things have slowed a bit but when you look deep into the final bid prices it appears that people are just getting more selective, smarter and paying attention to the build quality. The big dollars are spent on true high end builds. I think the frezy of overpriced cars is slowing but quality still appears to hold up.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
some vehicles bring really stupid money I don’t get it there’s a lot of cars I can buy for 455K right hand drive its in Australia maybe it’ll stay there

Attachments

• B03D03A8-EB60-416D-A96C-E5DFCF2B44D2.jpeg
    B03D03A8-EB60-416D-A96C-E5DFCF2B44D2.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As of this AM, there were 36 EB's on the Barrett Jackson Scottsdale Docket. This will be an interesting year. Mecum, was a mixed bag as well.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru