• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BAT Craziness

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
This will be interesting to watch icon bronco paint not great only 170 K so far original Ford grill odd

Attachments

• FCCD0683-9423-4FD2-9BC8-D94B7094E748.jpeg
    FCCD0683-9423-4FD2-9BC8-D94B7094E748.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 70
OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This will be interesting to watch icon bronco paint not great only 170 K so far original Ford grill odd
I like Patina but would not pay big bucks for it. I find this a little amazing myself. The auctions and BAT seem to be doing OK still. I just wonder when this "recession" will affect it or if it will.

Ether

Contributor
Loc.
Tulsa
Icons can't really be compared to anything else, maybe velocity builds but I haven't seen one of those in person. Icon build quality is second to none from what I have seen.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I like Patina but would not pay big bucks for it. I find this a little amazing myself. The auctions and BAT seem to be doing OK still. I just wonder when this "recession" will affect it or if it will.
You’re right, at this kind of money dents and needs paint no way for me And only 1200 miles wow

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Icons can't really be compared to anything else, maybe velocity builds but I haven't seen one of those in person. Icon build quality is second to none from what I have seen.
I get that and agree to a point. A lot of the reason that these cost so much though is the investment that is required to finish the body and paint and get all of the details back to a a better than new appearance. While the mechanicals and components are great, it still does not have the same investment in it the others do.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I get that and agree to a point. A lot of the reason that these cost so much though is the investment that is required to finish the body and paint and get all of the details back to a a better than new appearance. While the mechanicals and components are great, it still does not have the same investment in it the others do.
I would venture to say that this Bronco never seen a garage and Jonathan Ward shocked at the condition of it now ,I am not gonna pay 250k and beat it just my opinion

BruiserOutdoors

Sold this year for 50k not bad
that is a surprising turn-around time from BaT to ICON to the customer. Props to ICON!

also surprised they dumped that much into a donor.

edit: the current seller bought it off BaT, then had ICON do the work it appears. Jonathan didnt buy it off BaT..

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Probably my least favorite ICON build I've seen. The exterior just looks unfinished. Not enough patina for what I'd consider a good "derelict" candidate. The 18" wheels also ruin it for me. Good thing for them I'm a few hundred $k short of buying a perspective buyer!

hsach

Contributor
Members Only
Probably my least favorite ICON build I've seen. The exterior just looks unfinished. Not enough patina for what I'd consider a good "derelict" candidate. The 18" wheels also ruin it for me. Good thing for them I'm a few hundred $k short of buying a perspective buyer!
Wow, it is up to 250K now. Since I am cleaning the surface rust from the underside of my '67 right now, all I can see is the rust on the bottom of the rockers when I look at the pictures. With everything so clean underneath, those rust spots stand out far too much. I don't mind the rest of the "patina", makes it more of a driver that I would feel comfortable parking just about anywhere. I really like the tire carrier with the tire on the driver side!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I just saw this at $265K and it has 4 hours to go!!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1...e=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2023-01-27

The spare on the drivers side .... Can't see cars well at all when the spare is on that side.
You can see them a lot easier with the spare in that location than you can with a number of the aftermarket tire carriers that have them on the passenger side! I specifically had Protofab build a tire carrier on the driver'ss side for Lars and I back in 2013'ish. I've since switched to a Duff's carrier which has the spare down at a nice height.

Todd Z.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Hammered at $291K. Guess the ICONs still have some appeal....

Todd Z.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
291K, I missed that estimate by a long shot