• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Absolute best heat reduction user friendly pad/mat/liner...???

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
There's tons of other products out there on the market but every article comes down to these. Maybe they have a HUGE advertising budget and just give it away for every install? I don't know, but here's some good info...

https://soundproofliving.com/dynaliner-dynapad-dynamat/

I just want to reduce some more heat and am looking for something to do the entire interior or Shorty when I get to that stage.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I’ve not messed with a lot of this stuff, interior just hasn’t been my building focus, but I can say the difference that dynamat and similar products is amazing. @TX SS bronco has 2 layers of dynamat and a layer of the foam product everywhere and an additional layer where possible. I haven’t had the opportunity yet to go for a ride finished but I do know for what I have been around it it’s unbelievably quiet.

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
As Yeller states, I have a lot of this product in my Bronco trying to quiet it down and keep it cool since I don't have any HVAC and am in Texas.

I have two layers of Dynamat Extreme on firewall, floor and bulkhead, topped with one layer of 1/8" Dynaliner type foam (specific product I bought is no longer available but it's the same), one layer of Dynapad on the floor pans and around trans tunnel, and one layer of Second Skin jute thermal insulation on the seat platform. On top of this is mass backed carpet from Stock Interiors.

On the doors and half cab top I have one layer of Dynamat extreme and one layer of 1/8" Dynaliner. I don't use the heavier products on vertical or overhead panels.

Dynamat and dynaliner are both peel and stick products so easy to use. The Dynaliner I have just set in place. You can glue it but because I'm only using on flat surfaces it stays in place just fine. The jute insulation is just set in place as well. though you can glue it.

I can't attest to heat reduction yet because I just finished Bronco and haven't gone through a summer yet, but I've done all I can to combat it outside of adding AC. I had less of this material in my last Bronco and it worked so I think this will too. The cab is very solid feeling and quiet and air tight so the noise reduction properties are for sure there.

Outside of Dynamat products Second Skin Audio has several different products that work to counter noise and heat. I have more of their jute thermal insulation and also their luxury liner pro material that will go in my F250 along with Dynamat Extreme and Dynaliner. If nothing else give Second Skin a look for more ideas and explanations on what the various products do, https://www.secondskinaudio.com/automotive/

Here are the pictures that I do have.

Attachments

• IMG_3275.JPG
    IMG_3275.JPG
    344.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4734.JPG
    IMG_4734.JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_7117.jpg
    IMG_7117.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_7122.jpg
    IMG_7122.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6781.JPG
    IMG_6781.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 82

BroncoJimbo

Contributor
Long-term owner
Loc.
North GA
+1000 on the Second Skin products. I used them on my daily driver, non-airconditioned, '65 Mustang. It made a real difference.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Thanks guys.

I ended up buying just heat insulation and borrowing one sheet of Dynamat for sound in this one location.

I have put DynaMat in several Hot Rods and the stuff works. I mean really deadens sound.

I will buy the stupid expensive Dynaliner (works great tho) also for Shorty so I can use them together and hopefully by adding this appr 2# per sq ft (here I go again Steve!!!) :) it will make Shorty quieter than my F150 down the highway. I can handle the extra weigh dogging my stroker if I put a blower on it to help move the weight. lol

I know it probably won't ride as nice as my F150 because of wheelbase but if I can lessen the road noise a BUNCH then the bumps won't "feel" as bad.

Thanks for the feedback!

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
The best thing I did is make a heat shield and mount it above the exhaust. The 2-1 I have gets the passenger floor pretty hot. The shield has an 1/2 air gap and some Dyno mat . The wife doesn’t complain as much as she used to so I guess it works pretty good

Attachments

• 4CA5C7A6-1AED-4A0C-A39F-9CDB1C63901C.jpeg
    4CA5C7A6-1AED-4A0C-A39F-9CDB1C63901C.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
I made alum heat shields yrs ago...

In this spot where I just cut & patched and have oddball shapes now sticking out thru the tunnel I just need 18" x 12".

I bought a pc of the design engineering stuff b4 the above post- it is excellent for heat!!

Best thing I ever did for heat was the alum floor shields. See my "Torture Test" post for b4 and after floor temp #'s.

Thanks for the info all.