• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NEW BRONCOS

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
so Far you Guys & Gals that have bought the new Bronco
Do you like it
Would you buy it again.
My RUNNING / Hunting Buddy has came down with medical issues ... He's had a lot of issues with his 66 Bronco. Our wheeling & Hunting days are most likely over with. & He's asking me . How I'd feel about him selling his 66 & Kind of quietly stepping aside from everyone knowing him as the Bronco man ..
He was on the City Counsel & His 66 BRG Bronco has sat at every event the city has had for the last 20 years. & every Sunday on the front row parking at hs Church. & Lots of High school sporting events . He's quite the Politician. But he ask me. If I think, he can sell his & try to get it out of our town.
& Then buy Himself one of the New Broncos that will be easier for him to drive . & Not do much hunting & less wheeling . 96% Mall Queen, CHURCH Friendship Duties. Restaurante Trips. & Just common being seen IN STILL A BRONCO .
I've told him I believe that'd be a great Idea ... He's kind of had everything rebuilt & replace for about the 4 time since he's had his little Bronco .
1st from on 6cyl then stepped up his 1st 302 & changed to Auto . Then swapped up toan HO50.. & ABOUT 3 OR 4 YEARS LATER hE'S ON HIS NEXT 5.0HO. & IT'S been in & out of the shop .little crap. I don't feel we have a Quality Ford tech in our town now.. Lots of LS Chevy guys ..
But I'M THINKING he can get himself another Dark Green New Bronco .. & we can do our Saturday Morning Coffee w/ coach. 5 days a week at church . & a few trips for the 4th of July Parades . Cafes for our lunches & Restaurants for suppers.
& For a lack of Better words ''GO OUT IN STYLE'' When that time comes.
Hopefully 15 more years but Hopefully not a year like my Son turned into...
I think it a good Idea.
................How do my Bronco friends feel on this one.
THANKS .

Last edited:

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Don't know about others but I love mine. I've got a '66 and it's great but for modern transportation I really enjoy the '22. Best wishes to your buddy.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I love both the ones I have. I have a 2door that I daily drive and a 4door my wife daily drives. They are comfortable, a good size, easy to drive and they have the essence of the original broncos. One is a the 2.3 4cly and the other is the 2.7 6cyl . Both motors have ample power and have been trouble free. If you friend likes the skinny peddle the 2.7 is a blast to drive especially in sport mode. There are so many trim levels so depending on what one he gets it can be very capable off road. Good luck to your friend and hope it all works out.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Two door Badlands with Sasq and 2.7l. No issues other than needing the driver window/door adjusted. Brought it home in April 2022 and have almost 21k miles on it. Gets 18.5-19.5mpg depending on the wind.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Gets 18.5-19.5mpg depending on the wind.
WOW How do you manage that? I can only get 18.6 out of my 2.7 auto trans 2 door black diamond non SAS. My wife with SAS wheels and tires and the 2.3 is only getting 16.5 but think it got a lot to do with way she drives :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Two door Badlands with Sasq and 2.7l. No issues other than needing the driver window/door adjusted. Brought it home in April 2022 and have almost 21k miles on it. Gets 18.5-19.5mpg depending on the wind.
Funny DEPENDING ON THE WIND... You mean it's still a BRICK.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Thanks for the replies . & keep anymore coming .
Is that 4.27 gear ok for highway. He lives in town on the Golf course, about 3 miles from his town business . & another mile to the post office 1 or 2 trips a day to P,O.. . HIS CHURCH IS BETWEEN his house & business. He has a little farm / place to deer hunt about 5 miles the opposite direction from his business..& the 2 cafes we eat at mostly are between his house & the Post Office .
WE GO MOSTLY In one of my rides ..
But He'd be in love with 20+ MPG.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Not to be a Killjoy but I did see where FORD is now offering anyone with a current reservation that they will give them $2,500 to buy another FORD model...

PaPITT, sounds like he better plan on buying from an individual or off a lot somewhere?

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
I've had 2 thanks to an accident that totaled my first one. As it was a 4 cyl OBX Auto non SAS 2dr. I immediately had the dealer locate a 2dr to replace it with, which is an OBX SAS 6cyl which I'm glad to now own. Would have loved to have continued owning my first Bronco (Well technically, my '77 is my first and true love, wife aside for a moment) so the answer to your question is, yes, I do love the new gen 6 trucks. BTW, my 6cyl is averaging 19.2 on my trip computer running mainly in ECO mode and is my daily driver.

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Not to be a Killjoy but I did see where FORD is now offering anyone with a current reservation that they will give them $2,500 to buy another FORD model...

PaPITT, sounds like he better plan on buying from an individual or off a lot somewhere?
I had not heard they had shut the order banks down. The $2,500 was an offer to Bronco orderies to eliminate some of the hard for Ford to find parts, like the MiC top or the SAS package. If your order has these hard for Ford to find parts, you can eliminate and get the $2.500.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Is that 4.27 gear ok for highway. He lives in town on the Golf course, about 3 miles from his town business . & another mile to the post office 1 or 2 trips a day to P,O.. . HIS CHURCH IS BETWEEN his house & business. He has a little farm / place to deer hunt about 5 miles the opposite direction from his business..& the 2 cafes we eat at mostly are between his house & the Post Office .
Our 2D Badlands Sasq 2.7l with 4.7 gears gets just under 20mpg on the highway. I see some really mixed mpg reviews from both the 2.3l and 2.7l. The 10sp transmission has been great so far. The guys with the base 2.3l manual trans are knocking out 20mpg+ consistently though.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I had not heard they had shut the order banks down. The $2,500 was an offer to Bronco orderies to eliminate some of the hard for Ford to find parts, like the MiC top or the SAS package. If your order has these hard for Ford to find parts, you can eliminate and get the $2.500.
I don't think the 23' order banks were ever open.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Don't take that as gospel. I just know what I read which a lot of the time is wrong or hyperbolic these days...

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
With the 10 speed transmission w/overdrive it has you could run it all day on the highway.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Is the10 speed.. one O/D or does it have 2 O/D's.
... Holy crap I googled that after I ask & it has 3 O/D
My wife is driving a Dodge Durango now & It has an 8 speed.. I don't like it's1st gear. But truthfully I only feel it a few times.
SO HONESTLY i Shouldn't complain about it. & If I were driving it more regularly I don't thinkI'd even notice it.

Last edited:

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm not sure if it is super related, but my F150 3.5/10 speed tends to use 1-3-5-6-8-10 shifts when running empty. If you mash on it hard to accelerate onto the freeway it will use more gears or when loaded/towing. It also likes to lug around in 3rd which seems weird. The Bronco could be similar.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I have the ten speeds in both of mine and no issues. We have 17,000 miles on my wife's no motor or trans issues. Only problem we had was a miss aligned rear passenger window. Two hours at the dealer and it was fixed no charge. With all the gears in the trans the low axle gears are no issue for highway driving. I actually had mine up over 80 the other day and it didnt even blink. If I tried that in the 2019 Wrangler I had it would have been white knuckle peddle to the floor pray, I don't have to turn or stop!:oops: