• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thoughts on Moving Rear Seat Forward

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I have Tom's Premium Seats w/ Fold and Tumble Rear Seat. I'm thinking about moving the rear seat forward 6" or so to get some additional storage behind the seat. Any options for moving the seat latch/seatbelt bracket forward other than dropping the tank? Thx

billh1289

Contributor
Loc.
Jackson, NJ
I have Tom's Premium Seats w/ Fold and Tumble Rear Seat. I'm thinking about moving the rear seat forward 6" or so to get some additional storage behind the seat. Any options for moving the seat latch/seatbelt bracket forward other than dropping the tank? Thx
I didn’t want to drill new holes in the floor so I made plates that bolted in existing holes then bolted seat brackets to the plates. You could probably do something similar with the latch bracket.

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
If you are wanting it to fold and tumble, put it in that position first and move it forward to where you can still open then open it up. You will know for sure what works.

If you don't care about folding then set in the back and see if it has the leg room your passengers need.

OP
OP
BGBronco

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Good options. Thank you.

I moved the seat up last night. I rarely have anyone in the rear seat so I could move it pretty far up.

The sweet spot for the new seat location means I'm going to need to drop the tank. I'm going to wait until it's close to empty before I do this.

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I moved my tom's fold and tumble rear seat further forward when I installed it. I did not like how far back it sat when using the latch bracket in the intended position. I drilled new holes and with the help of another person holding the bolts down from the top I was able to reach up underneath just above the front of the fuel tank to put the nuts and washers on. I did make a new latch bracket but the process should be the same for the included one. And for reference the Bronco that I installed it in has a 1" body lift and an Aerotank fuel tank, which I do have tucked up close to the floor.

Here's a post from my build thread of when I did the install.

OP
OP
BGBronco

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I moved my tom's fold and tumble rear seat further forward when I installed it. I did not like how far back it sat when using the latch bracket in the intended position. I drilled new holes and with the help of another person holding the bolts down from the top I was able to reach up underneath just above the front of the fuel tank to put the nuts and washers on. I did make a new latch bracket but the process should be the same for the included one. And for reference the Bronco that I installed it in has a 1" body lift and an Aerotank fuel tank, which I do have tucked up close to the floor.

I'm going to try this. I have stock mounts but they are new so we will see. Thank you!

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri

Migs how about a couple of pics of that set up?

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Sure, here you go. The new latch plate holes ended up just behind the floor support channel, and right above the front of the tank and frame rail cross member. I was still able to use the existing factory seat belt bolt holes for the aftermarket three point belts.

IMG_7616.jpg IMG_7617.jpg IMG_7618.jpg IMG_7619.jpg