• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

69 Bronco wiring problem

Jimmy J

I replaced the turn signal switch. Everything was working on the original one.ecept it would not cancel. The wire colors were different on the replacement so I gave it my best guess. Everything works except the left rear. When you turn on the left blinker the front works fine until you step on the brakes then it goes solid. When I turn on the headlights the LR brake light comes on. Can anyone help me figure this out?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And re-check your wiring connections. Sounds like some wires are crossed.
Sorry to hear you changed out the whole switch, and all that trouble involved, just to get it to cancel. A working switch is like gold these days!
Next time you lose your cancelling ability, just replace the "cancelling cam" thingy by itself: Cancelling Cam Thingy
Less money, less trouble (most of the time anyway) and you don't have to deal with the changing wire scheme these things seem to morph through over the years.

Do you have a volt-ohm meter? You can test the switch to see what wires are doing what.
Or you can post up the wire colors on the switch and maybe someone here can run down the list to see if there is anything obviously mis-matched.

Good luck.

Paul