• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Wiring Harness, What Would You Add?

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So I'm in the middle of putting in the Painless Wirring harness in the 74. It comes pre-wired with 8 additional pre-run and fused wires. 4 are constant power, and 4 are switched power. Everything needed to run the Bronco including radio and aftermarket Tach wiring is already there.

If you were starting from scratch, where would you run the additional wires and for what accessories?

I know I will be installing an electric fuel pump eventually and possibly a back up camera. Other than that, I'm pretty much open to suggestions.

What would you do with the extra 7-8 pre-run wires?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Will your electric fuel pump before fuel injection, or carburetor?
If it’s fuel injection, the power to the pump usually comes from the computer, not the chassis wiring harness.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Back up lights that you can operate from the reverse circuit or independently
Driving lights
Interior lights
Rock lights
ARB Refrigerator
Hot shower
Elec doors locks / Windows
Boom-Boom stereo
USB chargers

I mean the list is endless....

yeah for sure :)

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
I'm modding mine to have relays for high beam and low beam lights, relay for the blower motor, and relay for the switched efi power. Basically take as much load off of the ignition switch as possible. I'm also putting in a 6 switch panal for any additional lights...interior, fog lights, rock lights, etc.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JeepGuy

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Will your electric fuel pump before fuel injection, or carburetor?
If it’s fuel injection, the power to the pump usually comes from the computer, not the chassis wiring harness.
Great point. I'm leaning towards the ProFlo 4 set up, but not sure about reliability and parts availability if it has issues.

OP
OP
JeepGuy

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My first thought is CB or Similar hard wired radio communication (considering the music radio is already wired in)
Will be running selectable lockers (just not sure if they will be electric or ARB)
Rock Lights
Possibly a light bar or "Lights" front and back.
Interior lighting for passengers, not necessarily overhead (thinking LED strips above wheel wells).
No need for a fridge, this is not going to be an overlander set up... But I could use a really nice cold place to store adult beverages:D
USB ports for sure

Pretty much open to suggestions on the must haves.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
besides USB’s I’d put a couple of SAE connectors on the back. Very universal for fridges, lights, air blowers for water toys, air mattresses ect. I had to add one for my RTT. But used it for my weed sprayer, even plug in a battery tender.

Connector