• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Toms Offroad power steering box

tomsoffroad76

Sponsor/Vendor
TOMS OFFROAD
damn! not what i want to hear but not the end of the world and certainly not a deal breaker. thanks

any known issues- feedback pros/cons from your customers?
We have sold a ton of these at this point to all very good reviews. Like I mentioned in my prior post, the only concern would be if you have small tires (27" or so) and don't reduce the flow on your power steering pump. In that particular instance the box can feel too responsive to some. We are working on a custom pump for this particular application to eliminate this.

TruFordBlu

I just received this box today. I've popped two end cap seals on a stock Bronco box that was updated to quick ratio. The Tom's Offroad box eliminates that possibility as the bore end is closed. I'm mating it with PSC pump and remote reservoir and Wild Horses hydro-boost set-up. I'm installing this week . I'll let you know how it goes if you're still interested.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Looking forward to hearing your report. I saw the box on several trucks at Barrett-Jackson this year.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
papy

papy

awesome! looking forward to hearing your feedback on this unit.
cheers

TruFordBlu

Well, I got the box installed and I got to say, it was easy. The Tom's box went in easier than the stock box came out. Mainly because it actually takes up a little less room. Bolt up is straight forward, as are the hose connections. Just remember the large fitting is pressure. (I had to do a double take as they look the same after the -6 adapters are installed) The intermediate steering shaft required no changes. I just lined everything up as it was removed and installed it to the centered box. (My intermediate shaft consists of a telescoping 3/4" double D shaft and the required universals on each end) I vacuum filled the reservoir and after start up and cycling once to both left and right lock I only had to add about 1/4 cup to the reservoir. The test drive was great. It is clearly a new box. Steering wheel was straight and level as before. The effort is light but not too light and the return to center was good as well. And best of all no leaks. This is my daily driver so if there is a glitch somewhere it'll show up soon. However, I don't expect one. I would definitely recommend this box over rebuilding a high mileage stock box. (Unless you require it for authenticity) If that's the case you're likely not driving it much anyway.

EB70

I have installed on an EB with 37" tires. I did everything but the box, just because I was cheap maybe, IDK. It was about 80% ok before. After this box, it was night and day. I lost more time than I ever should have by not driving it. As others have said, easy to install and worked great. I didn't find it to be over-assisted at all, but then I am running 37x14 tires so there is that to consider.

It will be the first thing on the next build, not the last.