• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

migs Bronco Barn - a chronicle of what's happening at the new place

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
A little more progress to report on tasker's project.
Now we've made our way up to the front of the chassis... first off, got lucky in that all four of the front body mount holes are in pretty good shape, only one very small spot to address. This is the current mess we're looking at:
IMG_8087.jpg IMG_8088.jpg

Too much stuff in the way, so it's time to remove more parts and pieces to reveal the dirt and grime hiding behind it all.
IMG_8096.jpg IMG_8091.jpg IMG_8092.jpg IMG_8093.jpg

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
And after a bit of de-greasing and cleaning it's almost time to get to detailing and bolting parts back on.

IMG_8107.jpg IMG_8108.jpg IMG_8109.jpg IMG_8110.jpg IMG_8111.jpg IMG_8113.jpg

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
In other happenings, I finally hung up my retractable "paint booth". I've been meaning to put this curtain wall up since I moved in here and have really been missing it. I originally had it set up at my last place but only had enough room for a roughly 12'x13' space in that smaller garage. Now I have enough length to fit a complete truck inside with plenty of room to move all around it.

IMG_8083.jpg IMG_8085.jpg

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
And.... fresh paint!

The entire frame is now painted. Also started detailing components, the engine and trans are up next for a cosmetic makeover as well as a few fresh gaskets and seals here and there.

IMG_8133.jpg IMG_8123.jpg IMG_8134.jpg IMG_8135.jpg IMG_8137.jpg IMG_8138.jpg IMG_8139.jpg IMG_8140.jpg IMG_8141.jpg IMG_8142.jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
With the manifolds so nice and clean, can you post up the part numbers and what year bronco they are off of?
Someone was just asking for some part number comparisons yesterday I think it was.

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I do have this picture from yesterday showing the numbers, but tasker would have to answer the what they are from part as he swapped the 351 into the Bronco. We did just discover a small issue with the driver's side manifold in that the bevel and hole are smaller than the typical exhaust manifold and donut that is normally used. That explains the leak he couldn't quite solve.

IMG_8131.jpg

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
RIDICULOUS! all i can say is wow! can't believe how well it's coming out ( i mean I can due to your work) but the canvas that you had to paint on!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
And.... fresh paint!

The entire frame is now painted. Also started detailing components, the engine and trans are up next for a cosmetic makeover as well as a few fresh gaskets and seals here and there.

View attachment 898219 View attachment 898220 View attachment 898221 View attachment 898222 View attachment 898224 View attachment 898225 View attachment 898226 View attachment 898227 View attachment 898228 View attachment 898229

Nice brother... Coming along nicely

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the numbers migs. I’ll see if I can find that other thread pass them along.
I already mentioned that the numbers would’ve changed slightly over the years, even if the fitment was the same.
They were asking if any of them were the same as the mustang’s they had, but the only way to know would be to compare part numbers.

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the numbers migs. I’ll see if I can find that other thread pass them along.
I already mentioned that the numbers would’ve changed slightly over the years, even if the fitment was the same.
They were asking if any of them were the same as the mustang’s they had, but the only way to know would be to compare part numbers.
No Problem!
Here's the issue I was talking about here and what I've run into in the past. Two pretty much exact looking manifolds but one has a smaller bevel.
I had this one in inventory to replace the one with the smaller bevel, It came off of a 78 or 79 302 out of an F100.
Both manifolds look the same and have the same cast in part number, the only difference is the one with the small bevel has the small cast in tag number of "4H21", and the one with the large hole has a cast in tag number "7C15" (the C could maybe be a 0 instead) as well as a big cast in "N"......or wide Z

IMG_8146.jpg IMG_8147.jpg

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Thanks, I also set it up so it can accept a stock style bushing as well with a couple of adapter pieces.
View attachment 895379 View attachment 895380 View attachment 895381

And I concur with everything said above on the SRE's, I've had no issues what so ever so far on my 70. No harshness, rides real nice, feels and handles like a newer vehicle to me. And that's saying a lot for something with a 3-1/2" lift with no sway bars or steering damper:cool:

Thanks again all for the comments and compliments. Now back to the past, so where were we now?...
Omgoodness, amazing skills buddy. My dream is to have one that drives like yours. With that sexy barn you may get a visitor on your list very soon.

phred

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Looking good. I like that curtain wall. That would be very handy in my shop to keep grinding dust and other crap contained in one area.

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Looking good. I like that curtain wall. That would be very handy in my shop to keep grinding dust and other crap contained in one area.
Yes, indeed. That is my other intent for it, a vented space for heavy grinding and such to help keep the dust levels and fumes down in the rest of the shop. Ant the best part is that the opposite wall is concrete so I could basically hose down the entire curtained off area.

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Omgoodness, amazing skills buddy. My dream is to have one that drives like yours. With that sexy barn you may get a visitor on your list very soon.
Thanks! Always open for a vist