• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fair price for this 72

OP
OP
Jsol

Jsol

Contributor
Here is a walk around video of another that looks less sloppy. Asking high 80s of course. Will get more photos as well. take a look @DirtDonk and @migs

1967 Ford Bronco, 351 windsor with 4 speed automatic trans. power steering new brake booster and much more. Boxwood green with Wimbledon white.

Video

b16d9f5e38e7c17c6a3b127e81d12f85.png

22513ccdaa4f7bef7d769eafec842ca0.png

e062b194c8f7b7345b19b76556cdf25b.png

99b75828fbe7aef3e88eb9c5bd73f489.jpg

3c67d16066ec5b1aabb462c3d64249d2.jpg

76606824edece080573a1f1ff6bfdb25.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Looking good...yet still stuff that turns you off to the asking.. Just keep your ears to the ground for another one to come along for ya

Last edited:

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
I think the undercoated floors would steer me away especially at 80K. I just don't trust it unless there is good photo documentation of the before, the process and after. In so many builds, but certainly not all, undercoating is just an excuse to not prep the floors properly and finish them out as if you were painting them.

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
I just noticed they filled the rear seam at the back of the quarter panel too. I wonder what thats about? Also, all the front fender bolts are painted it looks like which as previously said on the last one is not ideal. Hard to tell in the short second in the video but it looks like there is undercoating on the exhaust? In my opinion it's got way too much of a body lift on it. All that said it does look and sound like a nice bronco. I think with that budget you should be able to find a really nice original example that doesn't have any hidden secrets but it seems like you are leaning towards a retro resto mod look. The two broncos pictured are original broncos in the explorer and ranger packages. These survivor broncos seem to be trending up in the market and growing in popularity. They sold in the same range as the bronco you shared. May not be what you want but IMG_8827.jpg IMG_8832.jpg certainly something to thing about.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jsol

Jsol

Contributor
I just noticed they filled the rear seam at the back of the quarter panel too. I wonder what thats about? Also, all the front fender bolts are painted it looks like which as previously said on the last one is not ideal. Hard to tell in the short second in the video but it looks like there is undercoating on the exhaust? In my opinion it's got way too much of a body lift on it. All that said it does look and sound like a nice bronco. I think with that budget you should be able to find a really nice original example that doesn't have any hidden secrets but it seems like you are leaning towards a retro resto mod look. The two broncos pictured are original broncos in the explorer and ranger packages. These survivor broncos seem to be trending up in the market and growing in popularity. They sold in the same range as the bronco you shared. May not be what you want but View attachment 898415 View attachment 898416 certainly something to thing about.

Yes that's what I would shoot for

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Well, that one does appear much nicer than the other one, but hard to tell everything for sure from those pictures and video. But... like the painted over fender bolts mentioned, I also see the door striker as well as the steering column cover rubber grommet painted body/dash color.
Now in some instances there may be reasons or decisions to paint some things certain colors, but that's one of the first things I'll look for is if easy to remove parts were left on or just taped off during paint. If too lazy to do those simple things than what other corners might be cut?

Now if everything is solid and put together well then there is certainly value there regardless of some cosmetic mishaps, as for how much I can't really say as I'm still surprised at how much the prices keep going up. Heck, I keep thinking maybe I should swap some parts out and put my '70 up for sale.

distended

Contributor
I think it's a very nice looking Bronco but O!M!G! I can't believe what these things are going for. If you like it and that price doesn't scare you aaaaaaannnnnndddddd you can do a bit of wrenching then maybe...you'll need to ultimately make that decision.

My only question is that kind of money and it's just a three speed manual? Not that there's anything wrong with that so please don't take me wrong. But I would think for $59k there'd at least be a more modern transmission.

Hey, sorry if that was already addressed, I didn't read the whole thread.

OP
OP
Jsol

Jsol

Contributor
I think it's a very nice looking Bronco but O!M!G! I can't believe what these things are going for. If you like it and that price doesn't scare you aaaaaaannnnnndddddd you can do a bit of wrenching then maybe...you'll need to ultimately make that decision.

My only question is that kind of money and it's just a three speed manual? Not that there's anything wrong with that so please don't take me wrong. But I would think for $59k there'd at least be a more modern transmission.

Hey, sorry if that was already addressed, I didn't read the whole thread.

Totally agree as they did the bare minimum it seems

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Totally agree as they did the bare minimum it seems

This seller is known in NY as a flipper and someone who has sold several. Pay special attention to the areas that all have noted. I would think there are better deals out there. Just my .02

bulletpruf

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Not surprised the truck brought $59k - fresh paint in a desirable color is all it takes for some folks.

To the OP, I think you already know you're not going to get a frame-off restored minty EB for $60k, but you can certainly do better than this "fluff and flip" job. I'd be looking for something that's not on eBay or Bring a Trailer (i.e., the classifieds here) that's mechanically sorted with good bones (i.e., not a rust bucket) but sub-par cosmetics and priced accordingly. Either that, or a nicely preserved survivor with original paint.

FYI - in my opinion, the absolute worst classic car/truck/Bronco to buy is one that has been "done" but not to a high level. That's what the $59k Bronco was. The problem is that you're paying for shiny paint, but to be done right, the truck has to come off the frame, the paint stripped and shoddy bodywork re-done, etc. You end up spending a lot more than you would have if you had bought a complete basket case and re-did everything because the basket case is cheaper and you don't have to undo someone else's work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jsol

Jsol

Contributor
Not surprised the truck brought $59k - fresh paint in a desirable color is all it takes for some folks.

To the OP, I think you already know you're not going to get a frame-off restored minty EB for $60k, but you can certainly do better than this "fluff and flip" job. I'd be looking for something that's not on eBay or Bring a Trailer (i.e., the classifieds here) that's mechanically sorted with good bones (i.e., not a rust bucket) but sub-par cosmetics and priced accordingly. Either that, or a nicely preserved survivor with original paint.

FYI - in my opinion, the absolute worst classic car/truck/Bronco to buy is one that has been "done" but not to a high level. That's what the $59k Bronco was. The problem is that you're paying for shiny paint, but to be done right, the truck has to come off the frame, the paint stripped and shoddy bodywork re-done, etc. You end up spending a lot more than you would have if you had bought a complete basket case and re-did everything because the basket case is cheaper and you don't have to undo someone else's work on a basket case.

Well I dodged a bullet for sure :) thanks to all the great folks here who are helping me get up to speed and avoid these pitfalls.