• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AZ Passenger side AC compressor bracket wanted

hahnn6

City: Gilbert
Looking for a passenger side AC bracket for my Sanden compressor (vintage air) please let me know if you have something that'll work with it. I have a V-belt setup on the stock 302 motor.

THEBONE

Are looking for the bracket for the old school dealer added ac? If so I may be able to help.

OP
OP
H

hahnn6

Are looking for the bracket for the old school dealer added ac? If so I may be able to help.
I think I'll be able to find an adapter to the sanden so yes that would be great if you had one!

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Those York to Sanden adapters are easy to find, even on Amazon. I have one on mine. Spacing can be tricky to prevent the fan blade from hitting the compressor clutch but that’s going to happen with any bracket.

OP
OP
H

hahnn6

Those York to Sanden adapters are easy to find, even on Amazon. I have one on mine. Spacing can be tricky to prevent the fan blade from hitting the compressor clutch but that’s going to happen with any bracket.

[/URL]
Awesome thank you, would that dealer add-on ac compressor bracket change the location of my alternator in the stock passenger side position or does it work in conjunction with that?

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Awesome thank you, would that dealer add-on ac compressor bracket change the location of my alternator in the stock passenger side position or does it work in conjunction with that?

It works with it. Pull off the alternator, add the bracket, install the alternator. It’s kinda sandwiched in there. You may need longer bolts….. not sure about that.
56e6e623bd19b19a602c567251666aad.jpg

OP
OP
H

hahnn6

It works with it. Pull off the alternator, add the bracket, install the alternator. It’s kinda sandwiched in there. You may need longer bolts….. not sure about that.
56e6e623bd19b19a602c567251666aad.jpg
is it just one bracket on the front of the head or is there a second bracket that goes to the exhaust manifold side of the motor

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
It’s just one bracket like pictured below. The adapter bolts to the flat plate on top where the York is bolted, and has ears sticking up for the sanden compressor. The alternator fits in the opening in the bracket below the compressor. Idler pulley for the belt sits behind your upper radiator hose. With the York there was a steel brace from the top of the compressor to the manifold.
6885808cb039b9ddfadfb37f3e04f4e4.jpg

OP
OP
H

hahnn6

It’s just one bracket like pictured below. The adapter bolts to the flat plate on top where the York is bolted, and has ears sticking up for the sanden compressor. The alternator fits in the opening in the bracket below the compressor. Idler pulley for the belt sits behind your upper radiator hose. With the York there was a steel brace from the top of the compressor to the manifold.
6885808cb039b9ddfadfb37f3e04f4e4.jpg
Do you have an idler pully for your sanden or did you run it without? Thank you for the pics and description, very helpful!

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Do you have an idler pully for your sanden or did you run it without? Thank you for the pics and description, very helpful!

Yes. You will need the idler, it’s the only was to adjust belt tension. They are also easy to find and bearings can be replaced in them as well.

OP
OP
H

hahnn6

Yes. You will need the idler, it’s the only was to adjust belt tension. They are also easy to find and bearings can be replaced in them as well.
And does the sanden run off the same two groove water pump pulley and same track as alternator?

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
And does the sanden run off the same two groove water pump pulley and same track as alternator?

Nope. I am assuming you have power steering? You will need a three groove crankshaft pulley. Alternator runs in the rear groove along with waterpump, then power steering in the center along with the waterpump pulley (front groove of it) and the compressor is by itself in the front groove.

OP
OP
H

hahnn6

Nope. I am assuming you have power steering? You will need a three groove crankshaft pulley. Alternator runs in the rear groove along with waterpump, then power steering in the center along with the waterpump pulley (front groove of it) and the compressor is by itself in the front groove.
Do you happen to have a recommendation for that crankshaft pulley? It's a 69, original 302, I believe it's a 4-bolt

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Do you happen to have a recommendation for that crankshaft pulley? It's a 69, original 302, can't remember if it's the 3 or 4 bolt

Can’t help much there. Mine have all had a 3 groove when I bought them. If someone doesn’t chime in, you might check with CVF Racing. I have their waterpump pulley and they sell good stuff.

OP
OP
H

hahnn6

Can’t help much there. Mine have all had a 3 groove when I bought them. If someone doesn’t chime in, you might check with CVF Racing. I have their waterpump pulley and they sell good stuff.
Great, I will... thank you! And it's a 3-bolt pulley I just found old pictures (I'm at work currently not around the bronco)

OP
OP
H

hahnn6

Thebone is hooking me up with an AC bracket! Very excited for that, it doesn't have the idler assembly on it, can you point me in the best direction to source that setup? Thank you

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Thebone is hooking me up with an AC bracket! Very excited for that, it doesn't have the idler assembly on it, can you point me in the best direction to source that setup? Thank you

This is what you want.
One of these:

And one of these:

A couple of bolts to hold it together and you are good to go. I’m sure you can find both of those parts elsewhere but those are the correct size.
This bolt might do it for the pulley:

Last edited: