• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How many are interested in Sliding side windows...if available?

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
"....sell a bunch!..."
so he can bring it dwn to my price?
Yeah,
Never an early adopter.

U Go ! Bronco Guru / Contributor / Granit Stater
(where I buy my fire works'n a buncha oder stuff)

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
"....sell a bunch!..."
so he can bring it dwn to my price?
Yeah,
Never an early adopter.

U Go ! Bronco Guru / Contributor / Granit Stater
(where I buy my fire works'n a buncha oder stuff)
However, you want to take it....

I do hope he sells a bunch as I said, and I am glad to see him bring these items to market, however it's out of my range currently and I wanted to be honest about why I wasn't purchasing.

Hey I am sure there are early adopters such as yourself that will buy them by the bakers dozer :cool:

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Reamer, they look great, and I applaud you for bringing parts to the market that no one else is producing currently.
I was certainly a buyer at the previous quoted price of $400 and buying glass locally. However, at the new price of $800 and I am still buying glass locally, its a non-starter for me. I have no recourse but to look out for a used set or just live without them.

Good luck and I hope you sell a bunch!

I think it is important to remember the really nice ones they just stopped making could be had 100 percent complete with nice powder coating and beveled edge tinted glass for 500-600 and they were not fast sellers. Sorry to say that 800 and no glass and imho not as nice is a dead deal to most.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
do like Nick's
develop the prototype, find a maker who will do xx amount at xx price (# determined by
poll) contact a vendor (chuck's, jeff's, etc - not sure all would sell, probably want an exclusive.)
Take a good deposit - re estimate ur #s and send that $ to the manafacturer. Go Big or Go Home.
(well you COULD make one @ a time at home - again: 'rich' early adoptors. But this could
B a way to develop the business). Wild guess right now? vendor/manafacturer might do 1 - 200 in
1st yr or 2? But boy, after that?

OP
OP
reamer

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Working on a new Version, round 1 was successful but way to costly.. round 2 coming up...

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
good luck, bra.
I send that msg to ALL small businessmen, may B ck in w/Nick or others on ur route?
The small business admin
kinda sucks cuz they will not wrk w/any1not into making a formal business plan.

I volunteer @ local community college (they have a mandate to assist the community just like local Community Development Corps do) to assist guys new to the trades go out on their own (I started 2 repair garages in different stated while growing up, one home construction General Contracting business). All these resources can see things U dont, tell ya some tricks AND you wont hafta "reinvent the wheel". On the other hand this all might B old hat 4U...

Derelict

Contributor
Loc.
Aurora Oregon
Reamer
Have you done any more with your window project. Mine are ready to go if I get a decent level of interest. If not, at least I have 2 (expensive:) ) pairs for my Broncos!

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
I’m interested only if they fit in the halfcab and smoked, everyone drives with their brights on infront or behind,

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Half of the older import cars are driving around with defective headlights that require they turn the brights on, or else the lights go out. Seems like half of them anyway.
All the other modern cars make it so hard to tell if the brights are on or not. Very frustrating!

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
Half of the older import cars are driving around with defective headlights that require they turn the brights on, or else the lights go out. Seems like half of them anyway.
All the other modern cars make it so hard to tell if the brights are on or not. Very frustrating!
It’s insane out there since I drive from MT to GA and on the narrow 2 lanes you can’t even see where your going, pisses me off and the truckers not all but a lot leave their brights on, it’s almost like you want to carry a bag of marbles:)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I remember back in the 60s and early 70s, when the occasional enthusiast would install European halogen headlights in their cars, my parents would complain bitterly about the bright lights at night.
They didn’t bother me that much, as long as they were aimed properly, or used high-quality lenses. But some of them were always annoying even to my young eyes.
Now that my eyes are actually older than my parents were back then, any poorly aimed headlight is a great nuisance!

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
"...I’m interested only if they fit in the halfcab and smoked..."
how ta fit sliders ina 1/2 cab? there's no side to mount them in?

On the head lights:
"...it so hard to tell if the brights are on..."
if I cant C while that 1 car goes by... itsa soup cana rocks out my window. I aint the 1st he done
it to. May B the last? We'll C on the double line, 1/2 mi dwn da rd~