• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
where did you get your body?
www.rustbeltbroncos.com

It was about a 6 month wait. I trailered my chassis over there, and they had it set in place in about an hour.
16d67021296ea0f0b2f926467c6f09b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

rocknhorse76

Contributor
Bronco owner since 1993 💪🏻
Loc.
Central WA
Pulled the engine out today to tear it down and see what damage is done. Most likely building it to a 408 or 410.

Attachments

• 0D23B65D-A080-449D-8A9C-87BE883C9CE4.jpeg
    0D23B65D-A080-449D-8A9C-87BE883C9CE4.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 1B1453A5-7FE1-4F6C-8B34-0BAD9F9289B4.jpeg
    1B1453A5-7FE1-4F6C-8B34-0BAD9F9289B4.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 31
  • B329E41B-4D29-424C-83CA-509E36C32B56.jpeg
    B329E41B-4D29-424C-83CA-509E36C32B56.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 31

eBronc2

Contributor
Test fitting parts into my custom dash. Centered speedo, relocated glovebox, four 2022 Bronco air vents flush mounted from rear. No radio, no speaker grill, no ashtray, no vent/heater cable controls. Radio will be hidden with small remote control panel on center console. HVAC will be Vintage Air with Dakota Digital small remote display controls on center console.

IMG_3038.JPG

Centered original speedometer gauge cluster, used Scotchbrite to remove the factory paint from the overlay and found it was chrome underneath. Put a small (2") round voltmeter where the original amp gauge was, with a custom face.

IMG_3043.JPG

Only knobs/switches on dash will be ignition at lower right, headlight switch above it, wiper/washer at upper left, hazard switch at lower left.

IMG_3045.JPG

Vents are 2022 Bronco, flush mounted from rear. Small clip at bottom and stud with washer and locknut through hole in vent base at top. The outside edges of the outermost dash vents are 50" apart, to fit between the downbars of the roll cage.

IMG_3041.JPG

Speaking of the center console:

2022 center console.JPG

Last edited:

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Test fitting parts into my custom dash. Centered speedo, relocated glovebox, four 2022 Bronco air vents flush mounted from rear. No radio, no speaker grill, no ashtray, no vent/heater cable controls. Radio will be hidden with small remote control panel on center console. HVAC will be Vintage Air with Dakota Digital small remote display controls on center console.

View attachment 899202

Centered original speedometer gauge cluster, used Scotchbrite to remove the factory paint from the overlay and found it was chrome underneath. Put a small (2") round voltmeter where the original amp gauge was.

View attachment 899203

Only knobs/switches on dash will be ignition at lower right, headlight switch above it, wiper/washer at upper left, hazard switch at lower left.

View attachment 899204

Vents are 2022 Bronco, flush mounted from rear. Small clip at bottom and stud with washer and locknut through hole in vent base at top. The outside edges of the outermost dash vents are 50" apart, to fit between the downbars of the roll cage.

View attachment 899205

View attachment 899206
Do you have a build thread so we can follow along?

pocketlock

View attachment 899202

Centered original speedometer gauge cluster, used Scotchbrite to remove the factory paint from the overlay and found it was chrome underneath. Put a small (2") round voltmeter where the original amp gauge was.

View attachment 899203

View attachment 899204

View attachment 899205

View attachment 899206
That is awesome! What is the center console out of?

eBronc2

Contributor
That is awesome! What is the center console out of?
2022 Bronco. It needed a little....massaging to fit the shape of the floor and trans tunnel. The twin stick shifters come right up in the area of the '22 Bronco console where the automatic shifter and GOAT Mode dial would be, and the ZF shifter ends up pretty much in the middle of the phone charger/junk tray area. Fits perfectly between the Mercedes power leather seats, too.

I also picked up a "Hero" switch assy (the row of buttons in the middle of the dash pad on 2021-2023 Broncos that control the lockers, sway bar disconnect, etc) and plan to insert it into a '77 dash pad for this dash, and wire the switches for....other things.

pocketlock

2022 Bronco. It needed a little....massaging to fit the shape of the floor and trans tunnel. The twin stick shifters come right up in the area of the '22 Bronco console where the automatic shifter and GOAT Mode dial would be, and the ZF shifter ends up pretty much in the middle of the phone charger/junk tray area. Fits perfectly between the Mercedes power leather seats, too.
I definitely dig the look! I was working on building a custom console for mine but with the gear banger, twin stick and doubler shifters, it's alot to package around. May end up needing to redesign all of the shifters next year to make something work or make them modular. This is going to look awesome though!

eBronc2

Contributor
Put the dash in the tub to check fit with the dash supports and ZF shifter. The back of the speedometer hits the center dash support bracket, so that needed a little tweaking. The ZF shifter is a custom stainless piece from JB Fab, it needed to be heated and bent a little to clear the bottom of the dash and the twin stick shifters (also stainless from JB Fab) for the T-case.

IMG_3047.JPG

Ignore the fake "carbon fiber" finish on the console top - I needed one to check the placement of the shifters in relation to the openings, and that was the cheapest one on eBay. It'll get painted to match the console. If you're wondering about the angle iron running across the door openings, that's the shipping brace that comes bolted to the body when it's bolted to it's shipping dolly frame. I left it bolted in place while I'm still lifting the body up off the chassis and putting it back on numerous times to check clearances for everything - body mounts, shock hoops, power steering box, etc.

IMG_3048.JPG

The console I got was bare - no top, no cup holders, no arm rest lid, etc. It'd be nice to have all those things, but having it bare lets you see how much empty space there is inside it. I'm sure in a 2022 Bronco there's tons of wiring, modules, plastic brackets, etc - but without all those things, I'll have plenty of room to build my own interior and have tons of storage space. I do want some cupholders, though. And a grab handle on the passenger side.

IMG_3049.JPG

I'll get some rubber boots for the shifters where they come through the floor to seal those openings, and some have some custom leather boots made for where they pass through the top of the console. Still need to do a little massaging of the sides of the console to fit the steel trans tunnel - a little heat from heat gun on low and some gentle pressure with a 2 x 4 gets it to bend without melting or destroying it. Once it fits well, I'll fabricate some brackets to attach it to the floor and tunnel.

IMG_3050.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3048.JPG
    IMG_3048.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 20

pocketlock

Put the dash in the tub to check fit with the dash supports and ZF shifter. The back of the speedometer hits the center dash support bracket, so that needed a little tweaking. The ZF shifter is a custom stainless piece from JB Fab, it needed to be heated and bent a little to clear the bottom of the dash and the twin stick shifters (also stainless from JB Fab) for the T-case.

View attachment 899272

Ignore the fake "carbon fiber" finish on the console top - I needed one to check the placement of the shifters in relation to the openings, and that was the cheapest one on eBay. It'll get painted to match the console. If you're wondering about the angle iron running across the door openings, that's the shipping brace that comes bolted to the body when it's bolted to it's shipping dolly frame. I left it bolted in place while I'm still lifting the body up off the chassis and putting it back on numerous times to check clearances for everything - body mounts, shock hoops, power steering box, etc.

View attachment 899283

The console I got was bare - no top, no cup holders, no arm rest lid, etc. It'd be nice to have all those things, but having it bare lets you see how much empty space there is inside it. I'm sure in a 2022 Bronco there's tons of wiring, modules, plastic brackets, etc - but without all those things, I'll have plenty of room to build my own interior and have tons of storage space. I do want some cupholders, though. And a grab handle on the passenger side.

View attachment 899274

I'll get some rubber boots for the shifters where they come through the floor to seal those openings, and some have some custom leather boots made for where they pass through the top of the console. Still need to do a little massaging of the sides of the console to fit the steel trans tunnel - a little heat from heat gun on low and some gentle pressure with a 2 x 4 gets it to bend without melting or destroying it. Once it fits well, I'll fabricate some brackets to attach it to the floor and tunnel.

View attachment 899275
Are you planning to do some Tcase shifter extensions? I am trying to come up with something for my center console, but with a gear banger and doubler, most of my real estate is taken up and the short shifters make it hard to clear anything that can cover the gear banger.

Attachments

• A2BCB1A9-1211-4F1F-8E79-97414D1CF2D2.jpeg
    A2BCB1A9-1211-4F1F-8E79-97414D1CF2D2.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 35

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH

eBronc2....if you need any factory console parts gimmie a shout. Ford parts guy for near 40 years now....Really cool build​

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

I also picked up a "Hero" switch assy (the row of buttons in the middle of the dash pad on 2021-2023 Broncos that control the lockers, sway bar disconnect, etc) and plan to insert it into a '77 dash pad for this dash, and wire the switches for....other things.

Nicely done.. Great look

eBronc2

Contributor
Are you planning to do some Tcase shifter extensions? I am trying to come up with something for my center console, but with a gear banger and doubler, most of my real estate is taken up and the short shifters make it hard to clear anything that can cover the gear banger.
I'm either going to run some tall knobs on the T-case shifters or end up lowering the console an inch or three. Really just test fitting a lot of things at this point to see what works and what has to be modified - and how much. I might even end up shortening the ZF shifter because it's so freaking long - 1st, 3rd, and 5th just barely clear the bottom of the dash, while 4th and Reverse almost put the shift knob into the cup holders.