• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Car cover without top.

Dickie

Hi guys, I need to put a waterproof car cover on my Bronco with the top off. Any ideas? I have a family roll cage.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, with the family cage tending to mimic a hard top, a standard cover would at least be supported from underneath. I’m sure it would be very loose and floppy compared to a full top, but at least it would not collapse in on itself.

I’ve never seen one specifically made for this purpose, but I’ve never actually looked for one either.
Custom would probably be best, but an expensive experiment too. Buying an inexpensive one first as a test would be my choice. Then you could either modify it or have a new one made knowing the parameters.

Any appendages such as a tire carrier or winch?

Jonathan_Cole

Either use a piece of plywood or OSB on top of the cage or you could use a center support and vent made for a pontoon boat.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

jba6555

Contributor
Thanks for that ebay link. I have been looking for something like that to keep my seat dry in the summer.