• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sorry customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlabamaChris

I think I'm a fairly tolerant person. I'm a retired Army 1SG and a person would have to try really hard to get fired before I would take them to task. However, I had a situation today, where I had send James Duff an email the first of last week asking which suspension and brake system I should purchase for a build. The return email said they would reply in two business days. I haven't heard anything so, I called today and was told in so many words that everybody was busy with the super celebration. I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. They're too busy with an event to sell more parts, than a customer in front of them trying to buy parts? I haven't dealt with them since they were in the state of WA, and coincidently that's where I was stationed at the time. It seems they're new business model isn't focused on the customer, and THAT GOT YOU FIRED! You don't lose customers a thousand at a time, but one at a time, and you couldn't give me parts at this point. I hope that everyone reading this has the same view.

billh1289

Contributor
Loc.
Jackson, NJ
I’ve had nothing but good experiences dealing with Duff over the last 20 or so years between a couple EBs. Bought from them out west and kept buying when they moved. I think they, like most of our vendors do a great job. Fwiw, it says right at the top of their webpage that they would be attending super cel and to be patient. I try to place orders before/after events knowing responses will be delayed.

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
I’m at SC now , Duffs always is a big part of the show. They are family business. I would call next week. I have never had a problem calling them. You will always get someone very knowledgeable and helpful, usually Brian. I would bet 100% of their staff is all hands at the show.

I think I'm a fairly tolerant person. I'm a retired Army 1SG and a person would have to try really hard to get fired before I would take them to task. However, I had a situation today, where I had send James Duff an email the first of last week asking which suspension and brake system I should purchase for a build. The return email said they would reply in two business days. I haven't heard anything so, I called today and was told in so many words that everybody was busy with the super celebration. I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. They're too busy with an event to sell more parts, than a customer in front of them trying to buy parts? I haven't dealt with them since they were in the state of WA, and coincidently that's where I was stationed at the time. It seems they're new business model isn't focused on the customer, and THAT GOT YOU FIRED! You don't lose customers a thousand at a time, but one at a time, and you couldn't give me parts at this point. I hope that everyone reading this has the same view.
Thanks for your service , small business is not like govt where they can pay 9 people to stand around and watch 1 person work . Getting ready for Super Cell is a big deal and am sure they need all hands on deck leading up to event , cut them some slack .

Beau Nugget

Contributor
Loc.
NE Kansas
They will probably benefit more from the PR they get at SC, gain more customers, and move more product because of it, than they will ever lose because someone gets pissed because they have to wait a couple days

OP
OP
A

AlabamaChris

All comments are taken constructively. I just can't get past the, We don't have time to help a customer because we're in a hurry to gain more customers bit. Not the same experience I had with that company almost 30 years ago back when it was in WA state.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
just give them a little slack...there was no Super Cel 30 years ago. They WILL get back to you! I've been dealing with them for over 30 years as well....

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
All comments are taken constructively. I just can't get past the, We don't have time to help a customer because we're in a hurry to gain more customers bit. Not the same experience I had with that company almost 30 years ago back when it was in WA state.
Here's a suggestion. Post up your question on here and you'll get plenty of answers from people's real world experience with the products. Don't forget to mention how the bronco will be used. Just driving around town, on the highway or off road. Ranting about our vendors rarely goes well on here.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Wow OP like others have said they are a small family business. They put a lot into attending and helping with Super Celebration. They call out that they are doing Super Cel on the website and to be patient with them, its not like you ordered something and it was junk or you got the wrong part!
This forum is not Pirate 4x4 or some of the other online sites that bash people and vendors. You will find more info about the early broncos here than anywhere else. And even the vendors (Duffs included) will chime in from time to time with suggestions and a willingness to help unlike any other vendors for any other hobby I have seen. Yes people do vent and some bitches are justified but calling out Duffs over your issue is a non issue, and calling a long time member and trusted source of information a "lapdog" will get you no friends and nowhere fast.
Next time if one vendor doesn't have your answer try another vendor or maybe do some searching on this site before you start flaming someone!

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There were no such massive Bronco events literally all over the US back then as it is now.......SuperCel being the largest of them all. 30 years ago our Broncos were cheap to buy and build and Duff's was a much smaller operation. 30 years ago I'd buy an EB for $1500 and go beat it to death MX racing....

GloNDark

I have had nothing but great service from James Duff. Never tried to email them and ask a question, just called in and got some great advice and direction multiple times over the years. Just ordered some parts last week as a matter of fact got a call from them right away saying they were at Super Celebration and would try and get them out as soon as possible. Parts arrived yesterday. Pretty awesome for a family owned business.

Status
Not open for further replies.