• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What to use to squeeze the lower quarter panel to the upper after applying panel Bond ?

Wyattman2015

Hi,
I am about to put on a cut lower quarter panel on with panel bond across the top.
How do I to squeeze the lower quarter panel to the upper after applying panel Bond ?

Much appreciate any help.

Thank you
Robert

BradinEDH

Contributor
Here is how I did mine with 3M panel bond and it worked out well. Light pressure and some heat to help the cure.

IMG_7615.JPG

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Screws are not terrible, but you had a good idea and I'm going to try it on my quarter replacements. May still use some screws to position it.

hunter1

Contributor
Loc.
Maryville, Tn
I took a 1-1/2” hole saw and cut 2 holes on the inside of the inner quarter. Took two “C” clamp vice grips and clamped the outer to the inner, right on the seam. I plug welded mine, and welded the disc back in that I had cut out with the hole saw.