• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New to Me Nineteen Seventy

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
I haven't done too much to the 70 but change the oil. I've been out driving it and enjoying it around town and to and from work a couple of times. We've had some great weather the past few days so I decided to take it up to my folks to press the bushing out and in on some leafs for the 75. Its about 60 miles each way and is a great drive. The bronco performed awesome. It really is a nice driving bronco. Even with the drum brakes it stops pretty darn good but I still think I'd like to change to power front discs. Here's some photos I took while out and about. View attachment 896553 View attachment 896554 View attachment 896556 View attachment 896557 View attachment 896558 View attachment 896559 View attachment 896560 View attachment 896561 View attachment 896562
That Bronco sure does compliment the beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing the drive.

Ether

Contributor
Loc.
Tulsa
I guess Jessie(e)'s and 1970 bronze metallic Eb's with mismatched hoods belong together!

Attachments

• CAE9AE2F-6C8D-4DE5-AFF6-F6F0CBEE5848.jpeg
    CAE9AE2F-6C8D-4DE5-AFF6-F6F0CBEE5848.jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Drove the 1970 down to the beach last week for the Run to the Sun car show. She did good but I was having some issues before I left. I pulled the thermostat to do some figuring and ran out of time so I headed out without a Tstat and ran around the whole week with a coors box in front of the radiator so the engine would get some temp in it. DSC05112.jpg DSC05113.jpg DSC05115.jpg

cannunz546

Contributor
Bronco Owner and Admirer
Loc.
Northwest Suburbs, Chicago
Drove the 1970 down to the beach last week for the Run to the Sun car show. She did good but I was having some issues before I left. I pulled the thermostat to do some figuring and ran out of time so I headed out without a Tstat and ran around the whole week with a coors box in front of the radiator so the engine would get some temp in it. View attachment 899374 View attachment 899375 View attachment 899376
Those are some fine pictures of even a better truck!

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Dam it looks great Jesse. Looks completely at home on the beach. Sorry you had some temp issues. Makes me regret selling it every time I see it, but I am glad you are using and enjoying it!

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Dam it looks great Jesse. Looks completely at home on the beach. Sorry you had some temp issues. Makes me regret selling it every time I see it, but I am glad you are using and enjoying it!
It is tough to see em after you let em go. I know that feeling all too well. Haha. It is in good hands tho, I promise! I'm hoping to find somewhere that I can legally drive on the beach this summer because you're right, it just looks at home on the sand. Unfortunately, I think the saltwater in some of the puddles did a little number on the wheels, they have little white spots all over them that Im hoping I can polish out. Also, I think the 3.5hr drive home did the transmission seals in and they are leaking pretty good now. I think it may be time for a five speed if I can bring myself to fork over the cash.

MKMcCoy

Veteran Young Guy
Loc.
30A, Inlet Beach, FL
It is tough to see em after you let em go. I know that feeling all too well. Haha. It is in good hands tho, I promise! I'm hoping to find somewhere that I can legally drive on the beach this summer because you're right, it just looks at home on the sand. Unfortunately, I think the saltwater in some of the puddles did a little number on the wheels, they have little white spots all over them that Im hoping I can polish out. Also, I think the 3.5hr drive home did the transmission seals in and they are leaking pretty good now. I think it may be time for a five speed if I can bring myself to fork over the cash.
J: I have a top from my 1970 that I'm considering selling. It has a recent respray in Wimbledon White, and a headliner in very good shape. Glass is original, so 53 years of scratches (which I'll throw in for free). I'm on the beach in the Panhandle. Mike

romegadave

Nice ride...I have a friend who just moved into your neck of the woods. I'll have to tell him to keep and eye out when you're cruising around.

romegadave

Looks like he is now in Salisbury but no sir he is not one of us
You know.... the annointed ones
Broncos rule!!
;)

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Ive been super swamped with work the past 2 weeks which is why I missed super cel this year. These weeks take their toll on me so after I delivered my final files yesterday I decided to take the 70 out for a much needed cruise. I ended riding through the country quite a ways and when I finally decided to turn around I was over an hour from home. It was a long ride but it sure was a much needed one.

Here's some pics for y'all's enjoyment. DSC05529.jpg DSC05530.jpg DSC05538.jpg DSC05543.jpg DSC05548.jpg DSC05528.jpg