• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AC drive belt for Bronco II 1985

Ron Ruhoff

My Bronco needs the drive belt on the AC compressor, this one is not like shown in the books. The Ford compressor is solidly mounted and there is no 3 groove pully on the waterpump. The compressor does not have the curved tensioner on it like the books show. Should there be a idler/tensioner mounted in the large hole just left of the compressor clutch? Ron

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My Bronco needs the drive belt on the AC compressor, this one is not like shown in the books. The Ford compressor is solidly mounted and there is no 3 groove pully on the waterpump. The compressor does not have the curved tensioner on it like the books show. Should there be a idler/tensioner mounted in the large hole just left of the compressor clutch? Ron
This site is for 1966-1977 Bronco's might be able to find a Facebook group for Bronco II's

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Obscure issue with a vehicle that this site does not specialize in. I'm just going to say it right now, we won't have the answer to that one. The closest I can think of is to try the Ranger Station since the BroncoII is so close to a Ranger.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome Ron! But yes, what the others have said. Ours did not even come with A/C!
However, at one point or another many of the members have owned Bronco II's and either loved or hated them. So someone might in fact know.
But still better to join up over on the Ranger Station, or FordTruckEnthusiasts.com since they have a section for B-II's as well here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum34/
They keep the Ranger and Bronco II in separate areas, due to there being a separate "Bronco" area for all earlier years. So check out the Ranger section as well.

In the meantime, this one will stay active for awhile in case someone has an answer for you.

Good luck!

Paul

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
This is a 1988 BII. Sounds like you have something different going on.

Attachments

• 20230515_160801.jpg
    20230515_160801.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20230515_160809.jpg
    20230515_160809.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
R

Ron Ruhoff

Thank You. These pix show what the book calls for. Mine has a solid mounting compressor and a 2 groove waterpump pulley. Think it must have had a idler/tensioner for the belt mounted on a 1/2 inch fine thread nut, but its gone. I want to send photo of my Bii ac, but can't figure how to attach pix. Ron

Last edited: