• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1976 Gold Rush edition Bronco

Broncoblood

Contributor
anybody out there ever owned, currently own or know anything about, a 1976 Colorado Gold Rush Bicentennial edition Ford Bronco? it was specially designed for Courtesy Ford in Littleton, Colorado?
any information or photos would be cool to see and hear?

from what we understand it was a special Bronco made only for this particular dealership, Courtesy Ford out in Colorado.

Attachments

• 76 76 GOLD RUSH hot wheel.jpg
    76 76 GOLD RUSH hot wheel.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1312.jpg
    IMG_1312.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1313.jpg
    IMG_1313.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3132.JPG
    IMG_3132.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 113

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Never heard of it, but it's pretty cool! And cooler still, because it's not widely known (to me anyway) and it looks like there's still one floating around in good original shape.
Is that yours?
Any other modifications to make it unique? Or just the paint and graphic?

And was it actually built by Ford, or was it (more likely) put together for the dealer by one of the converters around back then?
The Stroppe Bajas were painted at Ford, but the rest of the mods were done elsewhere (as in, the Stroppe facility) and the "Denver Bronco" edition was just the Baja colors, sold to dealers in Colorado. I'm sure that's an oversimplified version, but there are discussions around here somewhere, and many knowledgeable members with more lore than I'll ever learn.
Maybe they know more about the Gold Rush version.

Paul

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't think I'd ever heard of it, but it's cool! It may be similar to the examples from the Mustang world like the "High Country" special to boost sales for Denver area dealerships. There were also "Twister Specials" to boost sales at Kansas area dealers...and they did Torinos also. California Specials were done also for the same reason, sales!

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Interesting. Seems like a dealer gimmick to me. If Ford would made them I think we would have more floating around the country or at least be better known to us bronco nerds.

OP
OP
B

Broncoblood

Contributor
appreciate the words and ideas. yes its very interesting this new model I have never heard of.
I am gathering information for the new owner, this exact model we have up for sale on Bring a Trailer.
anyone else out there have any information on these models and or own one?
curious as to how many made and would be cool to see another one existing?
they must of been known enough for GREENLiGHT hotwheels to make an exclusive 1:64 scale die cast version of it.
yep, it was a special edition made by Courtesy Ford, same guys involved in the Denver Ford Bronco. Probably around 50-100 built.

https://classicbroncos.blogspot.com/2023/01/bronco-cryptozoology-11-1976-colorado.html
appreciate that info 100%
cool new knowledge

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
The half cab version I remember popping up before and I can remember a couple threads here years ago with one for sale on CL. Iirc Marti doesn't mention the promotion like a Stroppe, Denver, Sportsman or Northland Edition.

OP
OP
B

Broncoblood

Contributor
The half cab version I remember popping up before and I can remember a couple threads here years ago with one for sale on CL. Iirc Marti doesn't mention the promotion like a Stroppe, Denver, Sportsman or Northland Edition.
appreciate the info. so far Marti is looking into it but no info back yet?
seems very odd that GreenLight would chose this model or even know about it to make the die cast?
hopefully we hear something before end of auction but either way, somebody will get a decent priced good platform to do whatever they chose with.
thnx again for the help with that info