• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Out of paint and time to ASSEMBLE!

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Hey! It's been a long time-a-comin, but she's got fresh paint on her, running like a dream thanks to my good buddy David who checked over my work and fixed all the little things that needed tending to! Now the fun part - putting her back together!

OP
OP
trailerjack

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
I’m just knocking things out as I can. Today installed the license plate bracket and wiring, and also put on the FORD decal. The decal is kinda tricky - tape to make marks in the center of each letter on the tailgate and also at the top and bottom of each letter to line everything up. Have a few little air bubbles that need to be worked out, but other than that, it’s relatively straight.
IMG_5088.jpeg

OP
OP
trailerjack

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Today I was able to mock up the emblems but not install the inserts as the paint made the holes a little too small. I ordered a set of small round files to help bore the holes out a little as I’ll likely need to do that with the trim as well. I think the sport emblems look awesome with the red though!
IMG_5094.jpeg

OP
OP
trailerjack

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Today I installed headlight buckets, hood release, and also the turn signal lights. This was an older grill but I wanted to put in the 66-68 lights in, just a personal preference. Everything is fitting the way it should and I didn’t scratch anything yet! Gonna get some help to get the hood on this week because I don’t know how to do that myself!

Attachments

• IMG_5107.jpeg
    IMG_5107.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5099.jpeg
    IMG_5099.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5105.jpeg
    IMG_5105.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5102.jpeg
    IMG_5102.jpeg