• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What color is this 1966?

Frokost

Hi! What color is this 66 bronco? I see photos online for some 70s models but I feel like I am going crazy trying to make sure mine is a match to any of them. I bought some spray paint based on what I thought was the color and it did not match exactly. I have brought in my tailgate before to get a laser-match but that didn’t turn out either.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just to be clear, are you wanting to know the current color? Or for someone to decode the paint code?

Last edited:

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Possibly can't match due to 50+ years of fading?????

At least it looks faded to me - maybe better pictures/lighting could help??

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Only thing close to that in 66' was Marlin blue. Years of fading and some sanding could make it look like that probably. The grill looks like it's an entirely different color.

Double66

Contributor
Are you going for the original color? Does it still have the warranty plate with the color code?

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Okie nailed it. It is without a doubt Marlin Blue, a '66 color, with a different color grill.

bmbm

Hi! What color is this 66 bronco? I see photos online for some 70s models but I feel like I am going crazy trying to make sure mine is a match to any of them. I bought some spray paint based on what I thought was the color and it did not match exactly. I have brought in my tailgate before to get a laser-match but that didn’t turn out either.
Don't know the color but I like your Bronco pickup. Looks to be in pretty good condition.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Have you perused the master color thread yet? It’s got color charts for all the years.
It’s always helpful to look at the adjacent years, including passenger cars. Broncos were even available in the occasional custom order color, for fleet customers and such.

OP
OP
F

Frokost

Thanks everyone. I will check the master color thread but I think you’re right that it’s a faded marlin blue. I think my dad was the one to paint the grill.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If your search doesn’t come up with it, I can post a link because I have it saved for a quick reference.
Another possibility is Brittany Blue from '67.
Hell, with Ford naming, Marlin and Brittany could be the same thing!😩🙄

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's a good place to start:
Page 7 of the thread has a good '66 through '68 color chart image I think. Charts actually start at page 5 if I remember, and further on up there is a page with (if I remember) all the year's truck color charts.
But it's fun to just look through the pictures from the very beginning as well.

Master Color: Page 7

Hope that helps

Paul