• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ranger

Late-build (6/77) of the last year for EB, sold new at Chino Hills Ford in California in July 1977. . . It has just about every factory option, plus dealer-installed air conditioning and roof rack. There is also a 4-point roll bar, added either at the sel
Name
Ranger
Year
Information
To accomplish a period "Stroppe" look, I found a set of vintage aluminum slot wheels that clear both the factory front disc brakes and the uncut rear fenders. They're 15x7 with a 3 5/8" backspace. Mounted to them are BFG All-Terrains, 235/75-15.. . I also have the stock wheels and wheel covers, wearing BFG Long Trails (also 235/75-15). I can pop these on for a classic car show or a road trip. They're a little quieter and softer for long highway drives.
Make
Ford
Model
Bronco
Color
Medium Copper
Packages
U15
History
Late-build (6/77) of the last year for EB, sold new at Chino Hills Ford in California in July 1977. . . It has just about every factory option, plus dealer-installed air conditioning and roof rack. There is also a 4-point roll bar, added either at the selling dealer or by previous owners.. . This Bronco was from the collection of the late George Wright of Grand Junction, CO. Mr. Wright was a noted Bronco enthusiast whose collection was featured in books and magazine articles over the years. I purchased this one from the Wright family after his passing in 2005.

Modifications

Exterior Mods
Stock 302 and C4 automatic. Single exhaust (with cat) and Flowmaster 70 Series exiting in 2 1/2" pipe. Just slightly throatier than stock, without a loud droning on the road.
Interior Mods
Stock - no lift. Shocks are Gabriels, essentially stock replacement.
Drivetrain Mods
I went for what's known in the muscle car world as "Day 2" modifcations. In other words, things an owner might have done back in the day shortly after purchasing the vehicle new.. . Since the color scheme is nearly 2/3 of the Stroppe Baja look, I decided to further that theme with not only the slot wheels and white letter tires, but a pair of vintage Cibie lights mounted to the front bumper. I also added the reproduction Stroppe trailer hitch to the rear.
Suspension Mods
Here too, I went for period modifcations, as an original owner might have done via the Stroppe accessories catalog.. . The steering wheel is a 15" Grant, the design of which actually dates back to the mid-1970s and evokes the wheel on certain Pontiac Firebirds of the day. I also added Auto Meter's "retro" short-sweep tach, a very similar design to the one sold in the Stroppe catalog and optional on the Baja Broncos.. . The rest of the interior is stock Ranger, with the addition of the padded center console from Classic Consoles.
Wheels and Tires
One of my ongoing goals with this Bronco has been to make it quiet and comfortable to be in.. . In addition to the extra sound deadening of the Ranger interior components, I added Dynamat to the inner doors, extra insulation between the roof and headliner, and Dynamat's special under-hood liner. I also sprayed rubberized undercoating in all the wheel wells to cut down on tire and road noise.. . For a Bronco, it's actually pretty quiet inside while traveling down the road.
25110-858634.jpg 25110-858635.jpg 25110-858636.jpg 25110-858637.jpg 25110-858638.jpg 25110-858639.jpg 25110-858640.jpg 25110-858641.jpg 25110-858642.jpg 25110-858643.jpg

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Item information

Added by
Stroppe-Envy-77
Views
Last update

More in Members' Garage