• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gauge cluster refurbishing

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
would U hafta chrome the whole thing to get that?
Hey, reminds me of a similar issue... Let me now if I can side track
jack-a-lope)
the thread w/a question?

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
can one 'mask off' a section of (let's say the grills on a ferrous plate stamped into speaker grill) such that only the grills get chromed? All the surrounding metal can B painted - the center showing chrome? I know abt the 2 stage bath & 'electrolysis'. Just can't C how only a section would B chromed...
Thnx,

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
can one 'mask off' a section of (let's say the grills on a ferrous plate stamped into speaker grill) such that only the grills get chromed? All the surrounding metal can B painted - the center showing chrome? I know abt the 2 stage bath & 'electrolysis'. Just can't C how only a section would B chromed...
Thnx,

If I understand you correctly and if the area was small enough it might be simplest to just carefully tape off and paint only the areas you want colored in.

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thnx,

I’ll PM you the contact info for my chrome guy.
If it can be chromed he can do it :cool:

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
no, it would not be a small area.
Here's another example: saw a guy chromed the slated grill parts of the bronk w/o the head light & far outter areas bein similarly shinny... Think he just chrommed the whole piece (there is 1 w/the typical vendors) & somehow painted the usually body colored (versus 'white' in the early and black in final few yrs) sections of that whole piece? I want chrome racing stripes w/o use of 'chrome paint".
OK, I'll pick ur guy's brain, thnx Kevin!

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
48242661277_836660bf60_h.jpg

48242569986_49c1f1c698_h.jpg