• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MT 1977 Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebosDave'72

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bozeman, MT
This is a 1977 Ford Bronco as stated in the title. This has a 302 and a 4-speed manual NP435 transmission. The transmission has a home-built short shift kit, and seems to have worn syncros, this could be a clutch adjustment, but I would think a new clutch and rebuild are in order. The transmission takes a minute to get used to, but once you do it isn't a huge problem to get through the gears. The engine runs great, and sounds pretty good with the magnaflo exhaust. I am sure it would do even better with a tune up. As with most of these I have owned, it seems to lose prime in the fuel pump when it hasn't run for a couple weeks. Some fuel down the carb fires it right up. It needs a new fuel pump, which I have, but have not installed yet. What looks to be a 3" or so body lift, which fits the Mud Terrains excellent. The tires and wheels are in excellent condition. I was told the rear end has a Detroit locker in it, however it feels like it is engaged all the time, I would suspect it is welded locked, or the Detroit is in need of repair. This doesn't effect the ability to drive it, but you can feel it in tight turns. The bronco has typical rust, and the floor pans have been fiberglassed over. The aftermarket seats are a little too tight for my rear, but they should be easy to replace with the seats of your choice. The rear is a factory original with black upholstery. The paint has been re-done, which is a shame because it has a light blue paint code, which is a kick-ass color on these! I had the top off, and currently only have it sitting on the body. There is an after market heater in it, which works fine. The factory heat knobs are disconnected and don't work. The turn signals also are not functional, but all the other lights work fine. I also have the doors removed, and it is a ton of fun to drive around all opened up! The doors have some rust in them and when put back on, could use new weather stripping. This is a project, but is also a lot of fun to drive around as-is. Consider this to need significant body work. I have a bunch of pictures and can take more as needed, probably best to use a dropbox to send them. I am fairly firm on the price. I have driven this at up to approximately 50 mph. It did fine, but I personally didn't like the feel. I think it could be pushed past this, but I would not recommend planning to drive this home any real distance, best to trailer it.

Thanks for looking, and let me know if you have any other questions. Posting pictures from tinypic is a bitch on this site. If there is a better way I am more than happy to upload more.

se3e5g.jpg

29fwfaf.jpg

b3q3x4.jpg

Coupestang

I would be very interested if you still have this for sale. If you could email me some more pics?

txpd

Its not exactly what I am looking for but I might could be encouraged. Send me a pm

Status
Not open for further replies.