• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Scam alert

OP
OP
T

Ttime

I sold this Bronco several years ago. They stole my pics. I know it is a scam for many reasons but clues to look out for are the following:

1. No pics of interior, engine bay, undercarriage...only limited number of pics of body

2. One paragraph description...not much detail....

These are sophisticated scammers who hijack Ebay user id's and then list vehicles...they are hoping unsuspecting people win auction or contact them and try to cut a deal and wire them money.

I could go into more detail but I am 100% it is a scam and I would bet my life savings on it. I have reported these folks many times. I have spoken to some of them on the phone and I have had them email me falsified Titles, Drivers Licenses etc. They know who I am and block me from their scam listings so that I cannot bid or send them a message.

Hate to see anyone get ripped off so figured I would post this one since it is a Bronco...

OP
OP
T

Ttime

Took them a few days as usual but Ebay finally removed the listing...

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep. That's the one I almost got scammed on. He used those pictures.

I did not see your warning though.

As I stated in another chat thread, he had a Marti Report on the Bronco (I realize anybody can get this) CA Title with Vin and his name and address. We even exchanged info for a Bill Of Sale.

EBay did send me an email of Fraudulent activity. I sent an email to seller about it and that I was Not going to deal with him at all. He emailed me back and said he got the same email from eBay about MY account being Fraudulent. He also said he would still sell it to me. Really???

OP
OP
T

Ttime

Glad you did not get scammed, This is a group or individual who is pretty sophisticated. They photo shop Titles to look legit and also do the same with Drivers Licenses to make you think everything is legit. I have been on top of these people for some time now and they know it....But, somehow it keeps happening and Ebay simply does not respond quickly enough so I am sure people like you are sending them $$$$. I would be curious to see the Title they sent you.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
They photo shop Titles to look legit and also do the same with Drivers Licenses to make you think everything is legit.

I would be curious to see the Title they sent you.

Yeah post it up, the email too! Great awareness thread!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
what it's all about, looking out for the brethren....

Sux people got to be that way

I sold this Bronco several years ago. They stole my pics. I know it is a scam for many reasons but clues to look out for are the following:

1. No pics of interior, engine bay, undercarriage...only limited number of pics of body

2. One paragraph description...not much detail....

These are sophisticated scammers who hijack Ebay user id's and then list vehicles...they are hoping unsuspecting people win auction or contact them and try to cut a deal and wire them money.

I could go into more detail but I am 100% it is a scam and I would bet my life savings on it. I have reported these folks many times. I have spoken to some of them on the phone and I have had them email me falsified Titles, Drivers Licenses etc. They know who I am and block me from their scam listings so that I cannot bid or send them a message.

Hate to see anyone get ripped off so figured I would post this one since it is a Bronco...