• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Another Scam Listing

71 CA Bronco

Just curious. How do you figure out its a scam? And thank you for the heads up.

OP
OP
T

Ttime

Several tell-tale signs but I am a bit of an expert...Notice there are only pics of body...who tries to sell a Stroppe or Stroppe clone and does not take pics of interior, engine bay etc...??That is the first tip....then next the "one paragraph" description is also a giveaway that they seem to use lately...they cut and paste part of someone else descriptions...too last to really go in to detail which on a Bronco like this normally someone would do. Next, does that scenery look like Northern CA to you? I dunno but not to me. No Vin #...I could go on and on but those are the items that jump out to me...

I would never post something like this if I was not 100% positive it was a scam..I hate seeing/hearing about people getting ripped off even though it happens every day. Just doing what I can for Bronco Community especially since I know there are first timers getting excited about Broncos that look like great deals and they could get scammed pretty easily.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
I believe that is a Denver Broncos Bronco. And I agree it has scam written all over it.

OP
OP
T

Ttime

Here is a non-bronco listing that is also a scam...you will notice the similarity....only pics of body, one paragraph description, no vin # in listing, license plates blacked out or non existent....I hope this helps other to identify the scam listings that are obvious to me but might not be to others...I notified Ebay on this one...I predict 3-4 days and will be removed...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-MG-MG...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649

WELL, THIS ONE GOT REMOVED WITHIN 24 HOURS AND I EXPECT SAME FOR BRONCO ONE SOON.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Ttime

Good catch...yes, they tend to steal from BAT listings quite a bit....Makes sense the pics are from Indiana and not San Francisco...

OP
OP
T

Ttime

Ebay finally ended the listing...our work is done here..But the scam does not end there...anyone who might have contacted them during the auction will now get an email with some lame excuse and see if the person is still interested ....BE CAREFUL OUT THERE BRONCO HUNTERS!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Definitely got to keep a close eye out for these now a days...