• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Camping in the bronco

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Thanks Rusty, do you haul the 13 scamp with your bronco?

I have twice but have no pictures I can find. its an easy tow. we mainly used our nissan pathfinder or now our tacoma pick-up as we carry so much other stuff for a weeks camping. most rustic trail camping has gone to the wayside as we have aged so the Bronco spends more time in retirement. If I were planning to travel it more with the Bronco it would get the scamp reframed and bigger wheels. but the Scamp came along much later in life as we deal with our age issues. Should have gotten the Scamp much earlier in life. But its easy to tow, easy to set up and easy to get going when you leave. Keeps the misses very happy. fits and stays in our driveway so no storage fees. when you get home park it and rest and deal with the camping issues later. not like having to unpack the car right when you get home.

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I have twice but have no pictures I can find. its an easy tow. we mainly used our nissan pathfinder or now our tacoma pick-up as we carry so much other stuff for a weeks camping. most rustic trail camping has gone to the wayside as we have aged so the Bronco spends more time in retirement. If I were planning to travel it more with the Bronco it would get the scamp reframed and bigger wheels. but the Scamp came along much later in life as we deal with our age issues. Should have gotten the Scamp much earlier in life. But its easy to tow, easy to set up and easy to get going when you leave. Keeps the misses very happy. fits and stays in our driveway so no storage fees. when you get home park it and rest and deal with the camping issues later. not like having to unpack the car right when you get home.

Exactly where we are headed. Man they are hard to find though.

Jakedog

Lawndart, where do you mount your spare tire when going camping?
Does it fit between the tailgate and seat?
Just curious.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Awesome, love the trail 90 as well. Rode one for years as a youngster. :cool:

I've had a few Honda CT-90s. I actually drove one to work every day (on my adult career) for over five years.
This one is used to haul deer out on hunts.
I carry it on bumper hoops. and still have room to tow the camper and make tight turns.

Honda is bringing back the trail bike as a CT-125. https://powersports.honda.com/street/minimoto/trail125-abs

Attachments

• Blubuck With Trail 90.jpg
    Blubuck With Trail 90.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 143

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Im back with contributor status,

This is my current "camper" that was built a few years ago and works well, but wife doesn't dig the RTT and wants a hard shell that we can sit it if the rain starts.

happy wife, happy life :D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
;3373423 said:
I pull this 12' trailer with our Bronco on hunts.

miss the ole deer camp days, trailers, buses, broncos out in the wild

Lawndart

Loc.
Lawndart, where do you mount your spare tire when going camping?
Does it fit between the tailgate and seat?
Just curious.

Just a poke, huh? :D
Carrying a spare is something that challenges me. I do not carry one - I know, I know. It is a space/risk management trade off. I carry plugs and a small compressor. So far, this has served me well over 70k of Bronco miles and countless others in other vehicles (turn to spit over my shoulder).

On this trip, my friend took his overly overlanded tricked out Tacoma. He has a drawer system in the bed. Like all things camping, there is a trade off. Yes, it is nice to store stuff in them. However, that raises everything else carried in the bed by a foot or so. Also, once you start properly using your tailgate for cooking and such, getting into the drawers is not an option. To me, the cons outweighs the pros.

At one of our spots, we were sitting there and someone came rolling into the next campground towing a gem behind a huge RV. We jumped into my Bronco and chased him down for a chat. Restored '70 from TX.
51177803467_57be21651c_c.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Just a poke, huh? :D
Carrying a spare is something that challenges me. I do not carry one - I know, I know. It is a space/risk management trade off. I carry plugs and a small compressor. So far, this has served me well over 70k of Bronco miles and countless others in other vehicles (turn to spit over my shoulder).

On this trip, my friend took his overly overlanded tricked out Tacoma. He has a drawer system in the bed. Like all things camping, there is a trade off. Yes, it is nice to store stuff in them. However, that raises everything else carried in the bed by a foot or so. Also, once you start properly using your tailgate for cooking and such, getting into the drawers is not an option. To me, the cons outweighs the pros.

At one of our spots, we were sitting there and someone came rolling into the next campground towing a gem behind a huge RV. We jumped into my Bronco and chased him down for a chat. Restored '70 from TX.
51177803467_57be21651c_c.jpg

So what trout park is this?

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Finally pulled the trigger on this little weird square drop camper. Made by microlite and found the hightop model as they make both a low and high top.
High top has 5' from floor to ceiling.

Going to lift it and put 31 or 33" tires on it, trailer brake axle and other amenities. Right now it has AC, a roof vent, two doors and the galley kitchen.

Only weights around 670 I believe currently.

The right one is not mine FYI

Attachments

• IMAG0095.jpg
    IMAG0095.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Offroad Wazat.jpg
    Offroad Wazat.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 127

blamejane

Bronco Guru
Finally pulled the trigger on this little weird square drop camper. Made by microlite and found the hightop model as they make both a low and high top.
High top has 5' from floor to ceiling.

Going to lift it and put 31 or 33" tires on it, trailer brake axle and other amenities. Right now it has AC, a roof vent, two doors and the galley kitchen.

Only weights around 670 I believe currently.

The right one is not mine FYI

That's an awesome camper, perfect weight too. :cool:

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Here's a picture of Donny Sims 69 loaded up to go bear hunting

Attachments

• IMG_2357(1).jpg
    IMG_2357(1).jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 220

broncojohn

Great stories and awesome pictures has anyone built or seen the off road camper trailers. They are based on a small 6 foot military trailer m100 style..

knack

Contributor
Great stories and awesome pictures has anyone built or seen the off road camper trailers. They are based on a small 6 foot military trailer m100 style..

Just got back from Michigan's UP. Here's a few pics of my homegrown military camper trailer. Used a double model cot tent for the sleeping quarters. Weighs just under 1000 pounds loaded up with camping gear, 10 gallons of water, and 4 gallons of spare fuel. Bronco pulls it nicely.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0213.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0213.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 152
  • thumbnail_IMG_0255.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0255.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 145
  • thumbnail_IMG_2002.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2002.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 143