• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1976 Bronco Frame Off Restoration w/pics Updated 9/12 truck is finished

76_bronco

Loc.
Middletown,Delaware
Hey guys Im just starting my frame off restoration of a 1976 Bronco.The truck was given to me by my dad for my 18th birthday because he bought an uncut rust free all original 1969 Bronco. I'll be posting pics up of the entire build for everyone to see. Im going to be running a 5.5" James Duff Monster Suspension Lift on 35" Mickey Thompson MTZ's and classic locks, just about everything on the truck is going to be new. I'll be posting pictures up hopefully this weekend of my progress so far. I had the frame powdercoated along with smitty bars and my Toms Bronco Baja style front and rear bumpers. Currently we are cleaning and doin prep work on the rears to paint them and get them under the frame so that we can install the suspension, 23 gal tank, SS brake lines, SS fuel lines and other stuff, ill try to post my parts list of everything ive purchased for the build as I go. Many pics to come..
Thanks Dan

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Sounds great Dan.. Looking foward to the pics/progress ;)

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Awesome! Sounds like you've got quite the rig planned. What else you got planned? Engine, paint, doors/inserts, top, etc...

OP
OP

76_bronco

Loc.
Middletown,Delaware
Awesome! Sounds like you've got quite the rig planned. What else you got planned? Engine, paint, doors/inserts, top, etc...

Ive got a new 302 that my Dad and I built, gonna have a 6 point cage, were building a custom dash, paint will be a burnt orange pearl not sure exact name, custom interior, and Im gonna stick with the hard doors and mybe try to fab up a soft door to fit without the inserts. Ill be posting up some pictures of the truck in one piece, frame with no body, and the frame after powdercoat and also the motor we built. ill be doing them sometime tonight once i figure out how to upload them.

OP
OP

76_bronco

Loc.
Middletown,Delaware
Heres Some pictures of the original truck and ones of the frame being torn down and after powdercoat. Many more pictures to come along with pictures of the motor we built. Enjoy....

bronco1before.jpg

'76 Before
bronco2before.jpg

Old Interior
bronco3before.jpg

'76 Before
bronco4before.jpg

'76 Before
bronco5before.jpg

'76 Before
danielstruck053.jpg

Removing Rears and Motor and Trans
danielstruck054.jpg

Removing Rears and Motor
danielstruck055.jpg

Removing Rears and Motor
danielstruck056.jpg

Motor and Trans Out
danielstruck057.jpg

Frame off the Rears
danielstruck060.jpg

Right before we carried the frame away from the rears
danielstruck058.jpg

Trans will be prepped and painted along with rears
l_42034f53f48744839db289f73e281691.jpg

Frame and bumpers in powdercoat bumpers wrapped in plastic
l_8f19b4dbbd7047b5bf63a6b1864233b3.jpg

Frame in powdercoat

Last edited:
OP
OP

76_bronco

Loc.
Middletown,Delaware
Just recieved more packages from Toms Bronco and James Duff ;D

* 23 Gal. Tank w/ Sending Unit And Fill Nozzle
* SS Brake Lines Kit w/ Caliper and E-Brake Lines
* Bronco Script Bucket Seats
* SS Removable Door Hinges
* Bronco Script Valve Covers w/ Breather Cap and SS Hardware
* New Poly. Body Bushings w/ Hardware
* Bushwacker Duraflex Fender Flares
* Pre-Runner Front & Rear Bumpers
* James Duff 5.5" Monster Suspension Lift
* James Duff Steering Stabilizer
* Duff Classic Traction Bars
Ill Keep pictures posted through the entire build...
Thanks, Dan

StnePny

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Santa Monica, Ca.
I am also working on a frame off '74. Can you give me some measurements that I need to modify the rotissere I bought. I need ,

1) the measurement on the rear of the frame for the right to left side body mount.

2) the measurment for the body mount near the fire wall right to left

3) the measurment for the body mount at the front by the raditor core support right to left.

4) the measurment from the body mount at the firw wall to the bolt hole for the bumper.

Thanks fr all your help.

OP
OP

76_bronco

Loc.
Middletown,Delaware
I am also working on a frame off '74. Can you give me some measurements that I need to modify the rotissere I bought. I need ,

1) the measurement on the rear of the frame for the right to left side body mount.

2) the measurment for the body mount near the fire wall right to left

3) the measurment for the body mount at the front by the raditor core support right to left.

4) the measurment from the body mount at the firw wall to the bolt hole for the bumper.

Thanks fr all your help.

Ill check those measurments when i get home tonight and ill put them up here for you
Dan

ArmyCOL

Man, I wish my '76 looked that good when I started my everlasting rebuild. Everytime I look at a part more rust falls off of it.