• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Locker compressor location

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
Installing my zip lockers and new gears next week. Where do you guys mount your compressors in your Bronco? Pics?

Nothing Special

I don't have a picture, but mine is on the right front fender, under the hood. And for what it's worth, I have a 2.5 gallon air tank between the rear driveshaft and the left side frame rail.

snipes243

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntersville, NC
On the driver side wheel well. Also make sure you route the air house, away from any heat. They have a tendency to melt, If you have to go near something warm, look into converting the airline to -3 braided hose.

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Drivers inner fender

pvkEC2i.jpg

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Tank on pass side wheel well.... '69 Bronco.

Tank is on driver's side wheel well on my '78 Bronco...

Attachments

• engine compartment2.jpg
    engine compartment2.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 75

Kalex

Contributor
Mine is on the passenger side wheel well. Let me know if you want me to take a pic.

OP
OP
jasonmcc

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
Anybody have them tucked away or hidden? Coyote install coming and worried about an already crammed engine bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broncobowsher

Total hack
What compressor are you planning on running? If it is just the locker a small one will do, and can be tucked away better.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have an air horn in my boat. Small ARB compressor is under the seat. Just an idea. They are also sealed, you can use a remote inlet. Makes for more options. Do you have trim boards in the cargo area?

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
properly formed tank(s) can go in that lill area @ top inner edge that runs along the entire bed rails (frnt to back). A lill 'extra weight up hi' cuz tanks need mass to hold pressure, but not inordenant in my mind (use pipe w/end caps?).

U could rip out the pass side vent system'n stuff the compressor in there (near glovie)...

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I had mine on the drivers side inner fender for a while. The under hood heat would trip the thermal switch and leave me without a working compressor on hot afternoons. Moved it to the top of the passenger side wheel and it worked without overheating but I didn’t like there - seemed to be in the way and too noisy. I then tubed and narrowed the front clip without inner fenders so under hood heat would not be an issue but no room there anymore! First I went to using a CO2 bottle mounted next to my fuel cell. That worked fine until I ran out of CO2 at the wrong time! And paying to have it filled and the tank recertified gets costly! Now I have a bracket that holds a 1 gallon tank and the Viair compressor in the general shape of the CO2 bottle and mounts in the place of the CO2 bottle. Now I can run either the bottle or the compressor/tank. This setup has been working well for me for several years now. Sorry for the long story!%)

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
Here's mine, like some folks, on the passenger inner fender.
Now that I added hydoboost, some real estate opened up on the driver's side.:p

Attachments

• IMG_1105.jpg
    IMG_1105.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 38

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
It sounds like you already have the locker. If I had it to do over I would go with e-lockers. No compressor, no air lines...however I got the ARB system about 20 years ago. Compressor was on the inner fender, now it's in the former aux tank spot with a snorkel inlet line.