• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Heavy Duty coil spring cups... with a twist - New update... Back to the original version

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
New heavy duty, spring conforming, lower coil retainer cups.

Sold as a set consisting of two coil cups with mounting hardware.

The base of these cups are 1/4" thick steel formed with a unique spiral ramp shape to better conform to the bottom of the coil spring, much like that of the stock spring cup but with added strength and features.
The sides are made from 1/8" steel with slots along the bottom to allow for drainage and are fully welded on both sides.
One mounting hole is slotted to allow for varying distances between the radius arm and the cap. The retaining strap mounts towards the inside to allow the spring to lift out to help keep from limiting axle droop, and is offset slightly to ensure the end of the coil stays retained. There's an extra auxiliary drain hole towards the front as well.

They come as bare steel ready to finish as you see fit, and includes the mounting hardware which is all grade 8 along with extra thick flat washers.

I have test fitted them with stock early Bronco springs along with a few different sets of the aftermarket offerings.
The mounting hole location has the same positioning as the stock cups, this allows for less chance of interference with things such as a track bar riser on the axle or the drivers side bump stop.

The price is $149.00 plus shipping

IMG_7564.jpg IMG_7565.jpg IMG_7566.jpg IMG_7567.jpg IMG_7568.jpg IMG_7569.jpg IMG_7570.jpg IMG_7573.jpg

Also,on this page and this page of my build thread you will find more information from when I made the first original version and installed them on my Bronco.

Last edited:
OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thank you all!

Last edited:

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
How the hell did I miss this? Let me know when you have your next lot together but I want them raw. I will powder coat them for my build. No urgency.

Last edited:

CH3NO2jim

How the hell did I miss this? Let me know when you have your next lot together but I went them raw. I will powder coat them for my build. No urgency.

X2^ Sorry i missed it I am interested in a set also when they become available again including several of your other items.. Awesome fab work! keep it up.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
keep em going Migs!! some nice stuff coming out of that shop!

navalbronco66

Hey Migs would love a set of those spring cups, my springs lean forward and love the way your cups bring the spring back..

LilMixedUp

Loc.
Bonaire
I'm new to the site and I love them! Put me on the list for a 2 sets on your next run. Would also be interested in your rear shock mounts that I saw on your build...

thanks,
Chuck
cfshipes@yahoo.com

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thank You all, I appreciate the compliments!

I am expecting a new batch back from coating any day now, I will update here as soon as they are back in my hands.

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I now have several sets back in stock.

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the orders...

I have just a few sets left in stock from this run.

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Out of stock currently, I will be making more.

Thanks for the orders:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I have some back in stock again.:)

Sorry for the wait.