• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Do these look bent?

OP
OP
Viperwolf1

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Looks like you stuffed your drive shaft too. going to cost you some shop time tearing down the dana 44 and the dana 20.

Driveshaft is a little bent but after a new track bar bolt and radius arm tweaks it completed the last 450 miles of the race.

Attachments

• 20210430_163754.jpg
    20210430_163754.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 149

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Surprised compression didn't peen the bearings. but if it lasted 450 miles should last a while longer.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
suprized it didn't rip the rear mount on the frame that hold the arms. i never thought much of them.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When we went past I thought they’d have to lift it out with a helicopter. Couldn’t believe it when Phil told me Chris drove it out. Excellent perseverance by Team Greenwood!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
That's some gnarly shit. :eek: Wow. Glad everyone is okay and still having fun in Broncos when not hitting the mall. ;D

landshark99

Bronco Guru
IMG_0602.jpg

I think i exceeded the heim joint angle when the tires stuffed, well it's obvious I did. The bolt was an f9 bolt and broke and didn't bend. Not sure a bend would have been any better as it was a clean break and after a cutting torch and some clean up it was a straight forward fix. I happened to buy some things in two's and had another F9 bolt for the track bar on-hand which came in handy.

Unbelievably, the track bar heim on the axle side was still good, as was the johnny joint and mount on the frame side. The misalignment spacers were also ok, but replaced them as a precaution.

I will of course be pulling the front end completely apart and inspecting everything and probably replace all the joints.

As Viper said, we made it to the finish line, this is a few miles before the finish.

20210429_153638_005.jpg

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
About the only thing as tough as Broncos is some of their drivers. Congrats on persevering and making it to the finish. Glad y’all made it home safe. That is an awesome pic!

Ratclge

do these look bent

Definitely bent the gap on the back bushing shows it without looking at the arm.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was dumbfounded when I saw the pics. He said it wasn't hard to bend them! :) I've hit cut outs hard at 45 before and Once hit one hard enough to break a US INDY mag, bend my radius arm and shove my radius arm back 1" and at the same time crack my sector shaft...but never like ya'll did. Field o' Boulders makes sense tho.... yeah..that'd do it.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Glad it didn’t get the oil pan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Viperwolf1

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
We did egg shape a US Mag just a little. Still usable if it's the last spare you have though. Totally destroyed that tire. Steering box had a minor twist to the sector splines but no cracks. We actually ran it the next day without problems. We did some extra bracing for the steering box after the Vegas to Reno race and I think that paid off for us.