• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newbie with a question (as best I can explain)

TexasBoy

I have a '66 roadster. When i am in gear but let off the gas and clutch I have a loud popping noise - almost like air pushing out or coming in. When I engage the clutch or gas it stops. Any thoughts? Sorry for the lame explanation - just don't have the knowledge yet to provide much more detail!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Sounds like a vacuum leak if you referring to the engine?

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, if your engine pops through the exhaust "a little" when you are slowing down, in gear, like coasting to a stop sign that is just the timing catching up to the engine. My 66 would do that in second gear if I let off the gas. Good luck

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey TexasBoy, welcome to classicbroncos!
Is this a V8 engine, or an inline-6 model? Either way, it could mean it's running a little lean in the fuel department, or like was said, an ignition timing thing.

Paul

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Texasboy, if your not familiar there is a great club there in Texas. Lonestar Early Bronco Club. There are members everywhere that could help you diagnosis your problem. They have different chapters depending on where you live in Texas also. They have a website and also a facebook page. Mike Clouds is the current President. Get a hold of a member and theyll be more than happy to help a fellow Bronco Brother.

frenchy

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I too was going to say Welcome aboard ... Lots of help here.
& MAYBE THERE WILL be some more events in out Great State of Texas.
... WHAT PART OF THE sTATE DO you live in..
We don't bite here ..So feel free to fill in your profile. This is a very friendly sight.
.... Welcome .