• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

F150 2018 Coyote Motor

Hollisterbronco

Hello I’m in the process of getting a custom build ford bronco 71 with a 2018 Coyote F150 motor. The builder is going to make it a 2WD so we can cut some cost on the project. I wanted to get some opinion in this?

This truck will not be used for off roading it’s being customized with high end paint wheels and interior.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Hollister, welcome!
Are you going to leave the front end as a stock type suspension with a differential, even though it will not have a driveshaft? Or will the builder be eliminating not only the transfer case, but also the front differential to be replaced by something else?
Single cross-beam maybe, or just a new suspension entirely?

In the past there have been a very few 2wd Broncos made with that much lower stance and smaller street tires (though larger in the rear) but it's not as popular a look (or did not used to be at least) with the Bronco body lines, and not suitable for what most of us used to do with Broncos back in the day.
But it's a whole new ballgame these days.

What will the overall look be then? Still look like a 4wd, or totally different?

Paul

MrT

I don't see a ton of savings. The amount saved will probably be far less than the reduction in what it's worth imho. I am all about people doing what they want with their vehicles and it will probably be pretty cool so post pictures. My opinion could be wrong.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I agree the cost difference isn’t that great, an adapter for the trans and driveshafts maybe more

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would expect the cost savings to be less than the value lost when departing with a 2WD Bronco.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Save $1000
Devalue $10,000
Where is the savings?

The only way this would have any chance of being popular is if it were lowered and put on IFS. Basic streetrod but a Bronco shell. That might get some popular opinion by the masses and enthusiast's as well.

But if the builder is just being lazy and leave it as a Bronco, but forget to put a transfer case in. But still wants to charge you for a high end custom paint job, it is going to bomb. Anybody that knows anything about vehicles is going to look right through the 2WD conversion and see it as a hack job. Might have pretty paint, but it will be viewed as a hack job and nothing more.

OP
OP
H

Hollisterbronco

Pictures

I added pictures on the photo gallery its a custom front end to make the 2wd drive work. Can you please check them out and give me your feedback,