• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My latest Bronco rebuild project has begun

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Fellas,

I picked up my next project vehicle today.

This one is a 1976 Ranger model. I found it here in Florida, but it's actually a California Bronco. The 23 year-old girl who sold it to me bought it when she was going to college and living in Malibu. After she finished school she had it shipped here to Florida. It has all of the goodies that come on a '76....PS, power disc brakes, but it also has A/C that works.....and not one ounce of rust! The best part was that she was asking $4,500 and ended up taking $4,000.

I will now begin the Frame-up restoration and will drop by from time to time to share progress photos.

Here are some images I took today:

Attachments

• MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 418
  • MVC-011F.JPG
    MVC-011F.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 279
  • MVC-010F.JPG
    MVC-010F.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 487
  • MVC-007F.JPG
    MVC-007F.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 316
  • MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 235
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 245
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 249

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pete...you suck:) Just kidding. Looks like you scored a super deal on that one. What are the plans for it as far as suspension, paint (actually looks good now), etc. Did you figure out a motor choice. Let us know. Hope all is well. What ever happened to the royal blue Bronco that you had when I met you guys at the BBQ place near Lakeland a couple years ago? Keep us posted on the progress.

Andy
Blue71

OP
OP
LSUpete

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Blue71 said:
Pete...you suck:) Just kidding. Looks like you scored a super deal on that one. What are the plans for it as far as suspension, paint (actually looks good now), etc. Did you figure out a motor choice. Let us know. Hope all is well. What ever happened to the royal blue Bronco that you had when I met you guys at the BBQ place near Lakeland a couple years ago? Keep us posted on the progress.

Andy
Blue71

Hey Andy.....hell, you can't have every Bronco in the South.

I sold that blue one to an attorney down in South Beach. He called a few days after he bought it to tell me that he gets more girls in that Bronco than he does in his Ferarri.

I plan to take it down to the frame and add a 2 1/2" suspension lift from Chuck. I'll run dual shocks on hoops up front, but leave the singles on the rear. Of course I'll replace the engine with the 351w (after modifications have been performed). I'll defintely take it down to the metal and have it re-painted....but the color selection is a multiple choice right now. Completely new interior after the bed liner has been applied. New flares and a Best top. I'll also fab up a redesigned dash and I have a new design for a custom console that will look sweet. Centech, Tuffy, electric fuel pump with disconnect switch....you know my drill.

:cool:

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Been anxiously waiting for you to start another one LSUPete!
The seller could have doubled what she wanted if she listed it on ebay (shhhh).
Looks like a great base to start with

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Great find, One of these days when I am in Tampa I am going to have to run into all you Tampa Bronco Owners

brian72

Early Bronco Student
pete - I was driving mine on saturday, but it did not want to run on monday.

When you going to start taking it apart? We are going to try and have a meet/greet mid-oct. Will it be in pieces then?

gonna frame off in your carport or do you have other plans?

OP
OP
LSUpete

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Brian,

You know me.....it will all be done right there in that little carport....except for the painting. Once the body is off and the chassis is disassembled, I'll sand-blast the frame and begin the POR-15 process. You know the drill from there....don't you. The body is in such good condition that there won't be ANY metal replacement. Hell, the floor pans aren't showing any signs of rust at all. Whomever had this little dawlin kept it nice and dry.

There's no way this will be ready by mid-October, so I'll have to bum a ride off you this time. I'm hoping to be done by the first of the year.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
where you going to store the body when it is off....how you going to get the body off?

Let me know if you need some help with anything.

OP
OP
LSUpete

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
brian72 said:
where you going to store the body when it is off....how you going to get the body off?

Let me know if you need some help with anything.

Once the body is off, it will be taken to the farm in Ocala. I'll do the body work up there on weekends and have it painted up there by a "guy I know". The only thing being worked on at my house will be the chassis.

I could absolutely use some help lifting the body. I'll holla at ya when I determine which weekend that will be done.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
nice looking project base there pete. you should enjoy working on that one being in such good shape. great score!

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Yeah, sweet Astrotuff, Pete! ;D ;)
Just kidding. Looks like a real nice score. It's the right color too. ;)

OP
OP
LSUpete

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Update:

I've gotten the chasis almost complete and I've begun to work on the body. I'm sandblasting the front clip, the underside and the interior..............after that I'll apply POR-15 and finish it off with Durabak.

Attachments

• MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 229
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 245
  • CIMG3460.jpg
    CIMG3460.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 232
Last edited: