• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dropped a wrench in the frame rail

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Seeing this thread reminded me, that I have a 9/16 wrench in the body work behind the passenger B door pillar. I dropped it in there when bolting up the hardtop, 10 years ago.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
I have a set of fiberglass "fish rods" that have been pretty handy for lots of ceiling & wall work. They screw together so you can make them as long as needed. They are a lot stiffer than the dryer brush tools. It seems like a set long enough to drag a magnet thru the frame would bring the wrench along.

Mine came from home depot, the ones pictured below are part #65326 from harbor freight.

image_16778.jpg

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Seeing this thread reminded me, that I have a 9/16 wrench in the body work behind the passenger B door pillar. I dropped it in there when bolting up the hardtop, 10 years ago.
Lol that reminded me that my father in law dropped a 1/2" craftsman socket behind that triangular metal pocket next to the passenger door post... maybe I can use my fishing magnet to recover that as well while I wait for the chimney brush to come in (delayed until tomorrow). My weight reduction program is in full swing haha

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
I have a set of fiberglass "fish rods" that have been pretty handy for lots of ceiling & wall work. They screw together so you can make them as long as needed. They are a lot stiffer than the dryer brush tools. It seems like a set long enough to drag a magnet thru the frame would bring the wrench along.

Mine came from home depot, the ones pictured below are part #65326 from harbor freight.

image_16778.jpg
Those would have been a good idea

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
there are obstructions in the frame like the self taping bolts for the factory skid plate and the rear tank skid plate. might have to back thoes out if you planning to go out the back.

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Yeah I planned to back those out, good thought! I like the pressure washer idea too. I may try that if this brush doesn't work, it finally showed up this evening. Tomorrow is the day!
de2f266a43aedc99db761b1ba1da7225.jpg

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Looks like they cheaped out on the number of bristles. The one I have has almost double what I'm seeing. How stiff do they feel?

Hopefully it will work just fine for you. We are all pulling for you.

Last edited:

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
MSmith has the right idea. I always clean the inside of the frame tubes and it is amazing what can come out of them. I have a hydraulic hose as long as the frame rail and attach it to the pressure washer. Remove both bumpers and blast away. Anything in the frame is coming out. Sometimes it's surprising what comes out of the cleanest Bronco frames!

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 62

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
With the radio on I bear nothing.

HAHAHAHA :)

Comment on the # of bristles on the brush. My two chimney brushes, 6" & 8" also have probably double the number of bristles.... :(

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
MSmith has the right idea. I always clean the inside of the frame tubes and it is amazing what can come out of them. I have a hydraulic hose as long as the frame rail and attach it to the pressure washer. Remove both bumpers and blast away. Anything in the frame is coming out. Sometimes it's surprising what comes out of the cleanest Bronco frames!

is that a custom made extension hose?

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Yay! it worked... does the box end ratchet of the wrench still work?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
JUST ANOTHER service we offer! glad it worked as well for you!

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Yay! it worked... does the box end ratchet of the wrench still work?
It didn't, but then I shot it with some brake cleaner and bike chain oil and its good as new. Was sort of hoping it wouldn't work so I could frame it lol. That clang noise it made drove me crazy!

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Now what the frick are we going to do….

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can sneak over to their house and toss another one in there. That would really be icing on the cake!:p

Be just in time too, if BnB is going to join in on the Coast Run next Saturday. Thinks it's all good, only to hear a new rattle!

So you going to be able to make that run Bitch'nBronco?

Paul