• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

RIP Rod Hall

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Rod Hall, co-driver of the 1969-Mexican 1000-winning Stroppe Ford Bronco, and championship-winning off-road racer, died this afternoon in Reno, NV.

Thoughts and prayers to his family and to the off road racing community.

He was a true legend!

Todd Z.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Very sad news. Truly a legend, who has left a big impact in Off Road Racing. May he rest in peace.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Glad I had a chance to chat with him a couple of years ago and get an autograph on a NORRA sticker. Very nice man and real hero to many of us of a certain age! RIP Rod Hall.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
A true legend in the off road community. Met him many years ago at the Frontier Hotel before the Frontier 400. Had to be in the mid to late 80s. He had just finished pre running w Michael Gaughan in his Ramcharger. His big bad Dodge truck was always a contender. R.I.P.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Sad to read this. Condolences to his family. One of the greats!!

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Legends like Rod Hall should live forever. Bet some of those clouds up there are him kicking up a dust trail in his Bronco...... respects to his family, friends and the racing community.

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
R.I.P.
2b622ff8-bd9e-44fc-a4ec-01fcc5e5a95c-original.jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great pic T-Bird! Love it.
He used to pop in at the Sierra Trek event now and then and hang with the vendors at the lake. Fun talk around the campfires those days for sure.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Sux getting old. And time seems to fly by so much faster these days enjoy every minute.