• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which motor?

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Which motor are you planning to go with? I've been leaning toward the 2.3 with manual trans for the 4 door badlands we've reserved but now I'm starting to consider the 2.7 v6. I think the 2.7 is a more proven platform (as an F150 motor) but have also seen people pretty happy with the 2.3 in the Ranger.

We really want a manual, and aren't super excited about the start stop function on the 2.7. It would be nice to have remote start, but I'd be willing to sacrifice that to shift my own gears.

I'm also sort of concerned the 2.3 will seem slow/underpowered at higher altitudes. I guess I could always go test drive a Ranger.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

TNcoupe

I test drove a Ranger with 33s on it and it didnt lack for power bit Im still going with the 2.7. The 2.7 is direct injected and port injected which helps combat the carbon build up on valves iN DI engines. The 2.3 is DI only. The 2.3 can be tuned over 300hp but the turbo runs out of guts pretty quickly.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I test drove a Ranger with 33s on it and it didnt lack for power bit Im still going with the 2.7. The 2.7 is direct injected and port injected which helps combat the carbon build up on valves iN DI engines. The 2.3 is DI only. The 2.3 can be tuned over 300hp but the turbo runs out of guts pretty quickly.

probably would lean towards the 2.7 as well..

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
2.7 all the way. In my book the more cylinders the better. If only i could have a V8.;D

TAC71

Contributor
I dont want any stinking turbos... why didnt they offer the mustang 3.7 v6 with a manual trans. At least then I may have been interested in buying a new Bronco