• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Takeover - Silver Lake, MI - still on? Going?

MI-Bronco

Just checking to see what is known about this and if anyone is going?

Supposed to be 7/31 - 8/2 at Silver Lake Sand Dunes in MI.

BroncoDesignTN

Sponsor/Vendor
No it has been canceled due to Covid. The organizers are still going to be at the golf course on Friday for shirt pick up if you pre-ordered a shirt. It doesn't appear they updated the website after it was canceled. I know the Facebook page was updated for sure. The dunes will still be open and I'm sure there will be guys with their Bronco's still out that weekend.

OP
OP
MI-Bronco

MI-Bronco

No it has been canceled due to Covid. The organizers are still going to be at the golf course on Friday for shirt pick up if you pre-ordered a shirt. It doesn't appear they updated the website after it was canceled. I know the Facebook page was updated for sure. The dunes will still be open and I'm sure there will be guys with their Bronco's still out that weekend.

Thank you!!!! Would be fun seeing folks, but it's a 3 hour - hard butt drive - so I think it's a pass this year then...

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Thank you!!!! Would be fun seeing folks, but it's a 3 hour - hard butt drive - so I think it's a pass this year then...

Only 3 hours???? I drive that far for a good dinner with friends n family regularly for a full day of fun, no brainer. But I'm a "goer" anything under 12 hours is close. Its a 3 hour drive to my favorite "local" wheelin spot, do it regularly as a day trip

brewchief

I plan on being there, the official event is canceled but it sounds like they will still do a raffle but it will be on Facebook live or something like that. To me the actual show is only a small part of the weekend.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
Only 3 hours???? I drive that far for a good dinner with friends n family regularly for a full day of fun, no brainer. But I'm a "goer" anything under 12 hours is close. Its a 3 hour drive to my favorite "local" wheelin spot, do it regularly as a day trip
3 hours each way for me to, but I was thinking of just going up in the morning and driving back that night

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jerrybromley

Contributor
I won't have my truck ...but I'm only 30 mi away so I think I will go for inspiration this afternoon ;)

brewchief

Not as many broncos as in years past but still saw a decent amount including a 2021.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
Bump to the top...Anyone going this weekend? I'll be there for the day Saturday. If any Friday shenanigans result in parts needed, let me know and I can see if I can bring something with. I also have a pair of brand new 11x2" rear brake drums someone can have (these are for big bearing prior to '77). I ended up needing the '77 only style instead.