• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Long Travel Single Rear Shock Mounts - new weld on version

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
New rear shock mounts to provide an alternative way of mounting a single shock in the forward leaning position.
Can also be used in the stock rear position with removal of the factory mount and provided there is enough clearance under the body.

This is an updated design of the previous version, I made a few minor changes and they are a little lighter as well. They are meant to be welded on.

They are designed to fit a longer than stock shock and will work with a 1" or taller body lift. A 1" lift will require minor trimming of the lower wheel tub lip under the floor, any body lift taller than 1" should not require any trimming.
The mounting base could also be cut down to allow for fitment with no body lift.

The mounts are tilted upward slightly to better match the angle of the shock.
Shock length will ultimately depend upon suspension lift and travel, where the rear axle is positioned and location of the upper and lower mounts.

The shock mounting tabs have an 1-1/2" inner spacing and holes for 1/2" bolts.
They are only available as bare steel, You will need to to paint or coat them as You see fit.

Lower shock mounts are not included, there are many options out there and differing ideas on how and where to fit them.

+++Please be advised, if planning on using Bilstein 7100 model shocks with remote reservoir, there can be clearance issues that may need to be dealt with due to the hose fitting angle where it exits the shock body.+++

Sold in sets consisting of a left and right shock mount.

The price per set is $225.00 plus shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested or with any questions. Thank You.

I try to keep a set or two on hand ready to go. otherwise, I do typically try to have the components ready to go together so I can get them out quickly as needed. The pictures shown on the rusty frame are for reference, actual positioning would be determined by purchaser/installer.

Attachments

• IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How much higher are these compared to the stock rear shock mount?

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
it sez 1 inch I believe, but again, depends on where placed along the frame...

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I'm not sure on exactly how much higher they are, a lot could depend on location and where things are measured from...
I can tell you though that the center of the shock mounting tabs on my mounts are just shy of three inches up from the top of the frame rail. Compared to the factory mounts and all things being equal, I would say they would be at least a couple inches higher.

RH

Those are very nice.
“Rusty frame” that’s an understatement!

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
How would you deal with the potential interference between the remote reservoir on the 7100 shock and this mount?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
AMAZING per usual my friend!! nice work!

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
thanks bud!

How would you deal with the potential interference between the remote reservoir on the 7100 shock and this mount?

They will clear if the hose is pointed up, but In my case the tires were tucked in so far and close to the shock body that I wasn't comfortable mounting the reservoir on the shock body and risk it being torn off by the tire.
They do typically physically fit with the hose located under the shock mount, but depending on the angle and how much they move during travel is where the interference issues can come into play.
Basically, the more upright they are the more likely they are to hit vs than if the shock was layed down more at an angle. Also, on this latest version of my mounts the tabs are slightly shorter and that could possibly lead to a little more leeway.
On my Bronco with the 7100's I ended up cutting the end of the tube off the shock mount along with the outer mounting tab and made a reinforced single tab to mount the shock eye against.
It's tough to say definitively what would be the best solution without first mocking things up as there are many variables with different builds and set ups.

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Fall special has ended

Last edited:
OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the inquiries and orders!
Feel free to post up pictures of the mounts installed.